Finale

*26 Years Later, Hayden’s POV*
I lay my infant daughter in her crib, smiling down at her. My wife, Celeste,  enters the room.
“Come on, Hayden.”
“I’ll be there in a minute, ok?”
She nods, padding down to our bedroom. The atmosphere in the nursery changes and I look down at the baby. She looks up at me with her bright blue eyes. For a split second, red crackles across the blue. I step back, shocked.  Words ring in my ears.
The first born girl in the family after Lucifer’s fall with inherit all her powers.
I heard stories of a major fall. My mother told my brothers and I that she was named after the fallen angel, but I always knew something else was up. If she knew about the stupid words that echoed through my head, the crazy amount of kids would be explained. 6 boys. Me, Calix, Aspen, Carter, Maxon, and Gerard. She wouldn’t stop there though. How I know? The list I found when I was a teenager. A list of possible baby names and where they came from. Only one girl’s name was written on the list. Eadlyn. The one name never used. She never had a daughter to inherit the powers. Would her granddaughter?
I look back down at my newborn daughter. Then, Luci smiles up at me from the confines of her crib, lifting her chubby little hand to wave.