♪ Chapter 18 ♪

A/N: Hey guys! So this is chapter 18. I hope you'll forgive me for being missing for 2 months cause my AS LEVEL exams starts in October and ends in early December. Wish me luck!! 😊 Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter and if you do, you can click on the ✡️ to give it a vote or the 💬 for a comment. Thanks a bunch!! ❤️

CHAPTER 18

"Does my hair look nice?" I had slipped my hair into the nicest hairstyle I could do- a messy braid. I thanked my lucky stars that I had brought my hair tie in the first place cause at one point I was considering to leave it at the Academy.

Hunter looked up at me and hummed. "It's beautiful." He grinned boyishly. I internally awed at him. He was too cute. He was lying in the bed with his back pressed against the headboard, doing something on his phone.

"What time is it?" I asked. We had spent the afternoon talking, cuddling and watching two movies on the TV that was opposite the bed. He looked back at the screen on his phone. "6.13 pm" he replied.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "What time is the dinner?"

"7 pm. We'll leave around 6.50 pm." He answered.

"Okay... We still have some time-"

"Come here, baby." He gestured. I raised an eyebrow but played along. He pulled me to sit on his lap. I giggled when he plastered light feathery kisses all over my face. He grinned happily.

♪♪♪♪♪

And that was how we ended up leaving the room at 6.57 pm. We ended up making out a little too heavily. "Damn you, Hunter for making us late.." I muttered under my breath as we stood in front of Rian's house.

Hunter guffawed. "Oh? As if you weren't happy with it?" I huffed and ignored him, bringing my hand up to knock.

Rian's house was a nice and cozy cabin. It was two stories and very long, probably to accommodate him and his three siblings. I wondered how the other three were like. We're they like Rian or were they completely different?

After knocking, the door opened to reveal a younger version of Rian. "Hi." The teen stared up at me and Hunter. Granted, he wasn't that much shorter than me, probably about 3 or 4 inches only.

"Hey. I'm Maddy and this is Hunter." I introduced. The kid nodded then gestured for us to come in.

"Rian!!" He shouted. Hunter and I winced. About two seconds later, Rick appeared in the doorway and started chastising his son. The kid just rolled his eyes and jumped up the stairs. I chuckled.

"Sorry about that. He's going through a phase." Rick laughed. Hunter laughed along with him. I just smiled.

"How old is he?" Hunter asked.

"13 this month." He replied proudly.

"Is he going to the Academy after this?" I asked.

Rick sighed. "Kelly and I we're thinking about it but-" he stopped when we heard things knocking over and grunts coming from the second floor.

Rick sighed, gave us a look before bounding up the stairs. Hunter and I heard a few shouts then grunts then Rian, his brother and Rick came down. Rian and his brother were pouting while Rick just looked like he aged 10 years.

"Come on then. Kelly is making some finishing touches with the food while Tanner is helping out in setting the table." Rick added, walking into the kitchen.

We followed Rick into the kitchen where a small boy, around 5 years old was sitting and eating some cookies. He grinned at me showing me his chubby cheeks and I smiled back. "Awwe, he's so cute." I cooed to Hunter who laughed.