17-Neon Lights

[Harry's POV]

---

Jenna's small, muscular frame finds purchase in my side. I hold her there tightly as soft snores pass her lips. Running my opposite hand through my hair, I come to realize just how perfect this is. A beautiful girl in my bed and a grand life ahead of us.

Jenna stretches in her slumber, pointing her legs out. After she is done moving around, I wrap my left arm around her waist and tug her closer. My chin rests above her head. Her new position is harder to cling to, for she is laying flat on her back with her head tilted away from mine.

The clock tells me to wake her and get a move on with the day, for I might only have a single month left with Jenna.

That one letter haunts me. Will it tell her she has been discontinued, or that she must leave her home and return overseas immediately?

Bear whines impatiently outside our closed door. Within seconds, I hear the sound of his little nails scratching at the wooden doorframe. Wishing for nothing but a few more minutes of peace this morning, I call out his name quietly. A few more whimpers escape his mouth before I hear him scuttling away.

I immediately feel regret. Without sudden movements, I get out of bed and slowly make my way to the door. I open it quietly and slip outside.

His big, round, brown eyes look up at me like I'm supposed to do something. His head tilts to the side and his tongue seems to just fall out of his mouth.

I sit on the couch, putting my feet up on the coffee table. After watching TV for a few minutes, Jenna comes out of her bedroom sleepily.

"Goodmorning." I say and I can almost feel the dimples emerge.

She walks slowly towards the couch. Her knees hardly bend as her hands wipe the sleepiness out of her eyes. I smile widely at how adorable she looks.

"Errrrffffffmmm." She responds, throwing herself down unto the couch. Her right left hand rests delicately on my chest, her head on my shoulder.

Her eyes shut and mouth parts slightly as she uses me as her own personal pillow.

"Still tired, love?" I ask, looking down at her.

She looks up, "When you do that, you have a double chin."

"What?"

"When you look down on me like that, you have a double chin."

"Oh." I say.

"That just came out, I'm not sure why I said it." She laughs softly, evidently exhausted.

I don't say anything else. We sit like this for an endless eternity it seems. Finally, I bring up the topic neither of us wish to talk about.

"June forth, right?" I ask.

She stiffens and nods against my chest.

"Well, let's make the most of it."

---

[June]

[Jenna's POV]

You're all I see in all these faces,

So let's pretend we're running out of time.

We have run out of time.

We have four days left. Only four more days to enjoy our little eternity.

I pat Bear on the head and put fresh water and food in his bowls before running back into my bedroom.

I put on a camo cami (no pun intended) and white cut off shorts. Harry's waiting outside so I grab my phone and bound down the stairs down to street level. We've been driving around like crazy these past few weeks. Harry is always finding something for us to do before I most likely leave.