7

7:30am

*beep*beep*beep*
Today was the day the cast of IT was coming to the beach house. I never really liked hanging out with them because they were all so tight knit whereas I was just like an add-on. Don't get me wrong- they're great people and they always involved me, but being in the shadow of my brother never helped.

Hey, I'm Emilee Grazer. Yep, the younger sister of Jack Dylan Grazer. Two siblings that love each other; sometimes.

When Jack got the role in IT over a year ago, I was pushed to the side majorly. I was 11, going on 12, and it didn't really appeal to me being with a bunch of hormonal teenage boys on set all day. The only person I really enjoyed being with was Sophia. She just understood me.
Now being 13, I haven't seen them since and I have no idea what to expect.

"Em! Come on! We have to get ready for the cast to come over!" Jack shouted at me from outside my door.
"Yes Jack." I let out with a grunt, rolling myself out of bed. He was right though; this place was a disaster. We got the beach house every summer and since our parents were away for a couple weeks, cleaning has been a minority.
Walking to my door, I take a look at the framed photos on my wall. My favourite is from our recent trip to Australia. We went on a safari tour right as the sun was setting; it was the perfect picture.
Over the past few months I've established a name for myself following a different path than my brother; photography.
My shots have been featured in National Geographic, Elle, and other major platforms. Although it's great to have my work out there, I miss being able to have more free time.
Photo shoots, interviews, and meetings have occupied most of my schedule lately. But regardless, I love it.

I trotted down the main staircase leading into the main foyer, and opened the door to the kitchen.
"Hey Em. There's fruit in the fridge and some bagels on the counter. I've gotta go get some food for later. I'll be back soon." And with that, he was out the door.
I grabbed a bowl of strawberries from the fridge, and sat on the island. I scrolled through my phone, looking at today's feed and news.
After I finished my food, I knew I had to start cleaning. Walking up to my room to change, I realized I didn't know how much time I had to get this all together.

Emilee: hey, when's everyone arriving?
Jack: uhhh around 11:30...
Emilee: you better be back soon to start cleaning.
Jack: yep.

I sighed and found some grey sweatpants, and a fitted white crop top to organize this mess in. I washed my face, threw my hair into a bun and walked downstairs.
Time to clean.

10:45am

Everything was neat and organized, no thanks to Jack. He hadn't gotten back home due to "long lines at the store". Chances are he caught up with some friends and completely forgot about today.
Why was I even helping him? I barely remember what the cast looks like.
Shaking the thought out of my head, I walked up the stairs to put on some semi-decent clothes.
A distant doorbell chime brought me back down to the front door.
I opened it to reveal a tall boy, with dark hair looking me straight in the eye.
"Jaeden?" I called.
"Emilee? Is that you?" He was looking long and hard at me, making me feel awkward.
"Yeah! Oh my god it's been so long!" I hugged him and breathed in his scent. A mix of Abercrombie and cinnamon clouded my senses. He had definitely grown up.
"Come in, come in." I waved him inside.
He nodded and continued to walk in.
"Jack isn't home yet, which isn't a surprise, considering he said people weren't supposed to be here until 11:30." I rambled on leading him up the stairs.
"Oh. Yeah sorry about that. It's my fault, I'm the early one." He let out with a small chuckle.
"No problem. I was just about to start getting ready so if you wanted, you could chill out in my room. It has a nice view onto the ocean and I have Netflix."
"I'm down for that."