Eat my shorts!

"Why is that door closed?" Vernon yelled as he barged into the library.

"How are we supposed to know? We're not supposed to move, right?" Bender said.

He shot Bender and I a glare before turning to Claire. "Why?" He questioned her.

"We were just sitting here, like we were supposed to." She answered.

"Who closed that door?" Vernon said looking between Bender and I.

"I think a screw fell out of it." Bender said.

"It just closed sir." Andrew spoke up.

"Who?" Vernon yelled at the girl beside of me. She just let out a squeak and slammed her head down onto the desk.

"She doesn't talk sir." I finally spoke up from my seat.

"Sheppard!" Vernon yelled as he spun around to face me. "Get up." He demanded as he walked towards me.

I stood up from my chair and watched as he grabbed my jacket and started shaking it down and digging through all of the crap in my pockets for the screw.

"Give me that screw. Or I'll just get it from you myself." Vernon said while pointing at me.

"If you so much as touch me, I will break your nose." I said in a low voice.

"Are you threatening me?" Vernon asked.

"No sir, I am not. I'm just making a promise." I could see Bender, Andrew, and Claire start grinning to themselves at my words. I knew Vernon must've really been getting on their nerves too.

"But if you really think I have some screw, then here." I said as I started shoving my hands into all my pockets on my jeans and pulling them inside out. "I don't have a screw." I finished while looking at him like he was stupid.

"Screws fall out all of the time, the world's an imperfect place." Bender said. I just chuckled to myself and sat back down at my table.

"Give it to me Bender." Vernon said to him. Before he could answer Vernon, Claire spoke up. "Excuse me sir, why would anybody want to steal a screw?"

"Watch it young lady." He said pointing a finger at her.

Vernon goes to the door and tries to keep it open with a chair, which only ends in the door slamming shut. All of us laughing at his failure. He then calls Andrew up to help hold the door open with the magazine rack.

"Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy!" Bender said from his seat.

They get the door open but the magazine rack is now blocking the entire doorway.

"That's very clever sir, but what if there's a fire? I think violating fire codes and endangering the lives of children would be unwise at this juncture in your career sir." Bender said, with an amused look on his face.

"Alright, what are you doing with this? Get this out of here for God's sake! What's the matter with you? Come on!" Vernon said, while putting the blame on Andrew.

"Blaming Andrew for your stupidity, how am I not surprised." I said shaking my head. Andrew  looked up at me with a smile on his face.

"Don't start, Sheppard." Vernon warned.

"You're not fooling anybody, Bender! The next screw that falls out is gonna be you." Vernon said to Bender. Before I could make any comment about how Vernon was actually fooled because he went after me first, Bender spoke up. "Eat my shorts."

"What was that?" Vernon asked.

"Eat my shorts!" Bender said louder.

"You just bought yourself another Saturday, mister."

"Oh, Christ." Bender said.

"You just bought one more right there."

"Well, I'm free the Saturday after that, beyond that, I'm gonna have to check my calendar." Bender said back.

"Good. Cause it's going to be filled, we'll keep going! You want another one? Just say the word. Instead of going to prison, you'll come here! Are you through?" Vernon questioned.

"No."

"I'm doing society a favor!" Vernon yelled.

"So?" Bender argued back.

"That's another one right now. I've got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don't watch your step! You want another one?"

"Yes!" Bender responded. 'Man this kid's not gonna stop.' I thought to myself.

"You got it! You got another one, right there! That's another one pal!"

"Cut it out!" Claire yelled to Bender.

"You through?" Vernon asked.

"Not even close, bud." Bender answered.

"Good. You got one more, right there."

"Do you really think I give a shit?" Bender questioned.

"Another. You through?"

"How many is that?" Bender asked.

"That's seven including the one when we first came in and you asked Mr. Vernon here whether Barry Manilow knew that he raided his closet." Brian answered.

"Now it's eight!" Vernon said to Bender. "You stay out of it." He pointed to Brian.

"Excuse me, sir. It's seven." Brian butted in.

"Shut up. Peewee!" Vernon said to Brian.

"Hey!" I yelled, knowing Brian wouldn't stand up for himself.

"Oh Sheppard! You wanna join Mr. Bender in detention?"

I just put on a dangerous smirk and tilted my head slightly while I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'll be sure to tell your father all about why you have detention for disrespecting an adult. We both know how your father feels about that." Vernon said, with a look on his face that screamed he won.

"And you don't even bother to do a damn thing about it." I said lowly, not in the same tone that I used to argue with Vernon or Bender earlier. It was something that confused all of the other students in the room, except for Bender. He understood it all.

"Alright that's it! I'm gonna be right outside those doors. The next time that I have to come in here, I'm cracking skulls!" Vernon said as he walked out of the library.

"Fuck you!" Bender screamed.

My eyes just burned holes in the door that Vernon just walked out of.