What happens on Monday?

"Uh, I was just thinking, I mean, I know it's a weird time, but I was just wondering, um, what is gonna happen to us on Monday? When we're all together again? I mean I consider you guys friends, I'm not wrong, am I?" Brian asked all of us.

"No." Andy answered, while I shook my head no in response to his question.

"So, so on Monday... What happens?" Brian asked again.

"Are we still friends, you mean? If we're friends now, that is?" Claire asked Brian.

"Yeah."

"Do you want the truth?" She asked.

"Yeah, I want the truth."

"I don't think so." Claire said, shaking her head.

"Well, do you mean all of us or just John?" Allison spoke up.

"With all of you."

"That's a real nice attitude, Claire!" Andy yelled from beside me.

"Oh, be honest Andy... If Brian came walking up to you in the hall on Monday, what would you do? I mean picture this, you're there with all the sports. I know exactly what you'd do, you'd say hi to him and when he left you'd cut him all up so your friends wouldn't think you really like him!" Claire said to Andy.

It honestly scared me to think about Andy doing that to Brian. If he did it to Brian, there's no doubt he would do the same to me. The thought of that actually hurt.

"No way!" Andy said back.

"Kay, what if I came up to you?" Allison asked.

"Same thing!" Claire responded.

"Bitch." I growled under my breath.

"What?" She asked, looking kind of scared.

"You are a bitch!" Bender yelled.

"Why? Cause I'm telling the truth, that makes me a bitch?" Claire asked, looking between the two of us. I just held an icy glare in her direction.

"No! Cause you know how shitty that is to do to someone! And you don't got the balls to stand up to your friends and tell them that you're gonna like who you wanna like!" Bender yelled, anger and frustration clear on his face.

"Okay, what about you, you hypocrite! Why don't you take Allison to one of your heavy metal vomit parties? Or take Brian out to the parking lot at lunch to get high? What about Andy for that matter? What about Avery? What about me? What would your friends say if we were walking down the hall together? They'd laugh their asses off and you'd probably tell them you were doing it with me so they'd forgive you for being seen with me." Claire said to Bender.

"Don't you ever talk about my friends! You don't know any of my friends, you don't look at any of my friends, and you certainly wouldn't condescend to speak to any of my friends so you just stick to the things you know, shopping, nail polish, your father's BMW and your poor-rich-drunk mother in the Caribbean!" Bender yelled, completely furious.

"Shut up!" Claire yelled while crying her eyes out.

"And as far as being concerned about what's gonna happen when you and I walk down the hallways at school, you can forget it! Cause it's never gonna happen! Just bury your head in the sand, and wait for your fuckin prom!" Bender yelled.

"I hate you!" Claire yelled at him.

"Yeah? Good."