A Table

Thank you @stellina79 for the song choice.

Fluttering eye lids, a twitch of his finger. Odin's on the couch curled up on his side without a blanket. The fire must have been reloaded sometime through the night because it's giving off a cozy warmth.

Not wanting to wake him, a contemplating thought to go back to bed, but I can't stop staring at him, everything seems so relaxed. Getting closer, a flutter starting in my stomach. The weakness in my thighs is spreading, he causes this tremble with his presence. Closer still I get, wanting to touch the side of his face, the faster edge of breath exhaled out. My finger makes the first contact with skin, his temple to the corner of his closed lid is felt.

FIre races along nerves from that fingertip, up my forearm, down into my lower spine.

An exhaled breath out of Odin's now open mouth, yet his eyes remain closed. The slope of his nose is now felt, before my finger traces down across his top lip, to brush his bottom lip with the pad of my thumb. The jawline's structure is felt like he is the braille underneath my touch, learning the contours of him.

A stretch to wake himself up that carries a sleepy sigh as he shifts himself on his back.

Slowly, oh so painfully slow my hand slides down his neck to rest at the base of his throat. A subtle fingertip pressing into the hollow of his neck.

A harsh breath out from him, an even harsher breath from me. My free hand going to my lips brushing roughly against them, to go down to my own neck pretending that's it's hands feeling my flesh.

His eyes are shut, squeezed painfully shut. There is no halting this.

Getting closer to his neck, eyes can't stop what they covet, the Wild within rising up. Heart hammering in my chest, when my mouth stretches itself open.

Ancient green opens fully with a look of shock as if he's not believing what coming for him.

The strike to his throat comes fast, but Odin is much quicker with his movements as if he anticipated my move before it happens.

His hand going to my jaw, holding it at the hinges, shutting it tight, the teeth of mine buried into my lips, and gums. The Wild fighting his hold, head shaking trying to get out of a grip that is unbreakable.

"Charlie," Velvet voice coming out, the first vibration of sound is with a harshness yet the finishing end is with a soft texture to let me know he's not furious.The hand doesn't leave my jaw until I settle the inside of myself down.

The hand doesn't leave my jaw until I settle the inside of myself down. A trickle of sweat makes its path down the side of his face as if he's just exerted a vast amount of energy expect he's just been laying on the couch. He's sitting on the couch now, with a firm grip on me. My hand going to his wrist, trying to pull it away he applies his other hand and I'm unable to move his grip. His hands locked in some-kind of a weird lock.

He brings my face close to his, sliding our cheeks together. "I'm sorry Odin, I got carried away."

"Are you calmed down?" He says this while his nose nudges at my ear. His lips brush against the bounding pulse in my neck.

"I am." His hand releases from my jaw, only to feel my hair. He's got a touch of a smirk on his face, while his breathing is toning itself down.

"Odin, am I not allowed to touch you?"

"You can touch me Charlie, but I'm a greedy wolf. After a while, I'll want more and more of your touch. I won't be able to stop it....I need to be able to stop it."