Endurance

Harsher, faster the wind rushes into the clearing.

Odin comes to stand with me, his baby finger hooking into mine. While Nature surrounds us with her sound. Thunderous gossip is heard high above in the treetops - crows have gathered now from every direction.

Odin stands to his completed full height, his shadow consumes the ground, stretching itself outward. His shoulders straighten as his head pulls back, an inhale of breath that expands his chest fully.

There are no boundaries to Odin's sounds as he lets his noise roar above the wind.

Odin tone seems to be challenging the very Nature of the world.

Everything stops.

Silence stacking, building up towards the sky as if waiting for an answer back to Odin's posturing display.

When the answer comes, it's a frontal assault - the strength of the howling, screeching wind has us leaning into it, so we aren't blown away. Trees do snap from the force; birds are blown violently from their perch before the wind calms itself down. We can straighten ourselves back up.

"What was that?" Turning to look at Odin.

Odin's mouth lifts in that Odin smile, "Nature."

"Nature?" Asking that question with an eyebrow raised.

"She's all around us, we just can't see her, but she's here surrounding us. Just like the Moon, she also watches us as well." A tingle up my spine.

Looking around just a gentle breeze that tickles the hair on my neck. Tucking a stray piece behind my ear, it barely is able to stay there, it's just long enough.

"Let's go home, I want to tattoo you," Odin says quickly.

"Tattoo?"

"You've earned one, Endurance. Also, you asked for my lips, here." He takes my wrist lifting it up to his mouth, lips touch the beating of my pulse. A tongue licks my skin before he lets my wrist go. A genuine smile on his face.

A gasp from me, a warmth spreading deeply. His lips hover close to mine but don't touch.

Ancient greens rimmed in blood stare into me, I can feel the heat of him, the consuming pleasure he feels when his vision is on me. His mouth gets closer, and I think he's going to kiss me.

Instead of kissing me, he presses his cheek into mine.

Skin on skin.

The edge of our mouths touch. Another nudge of his cheek before pulling away. The volume of his Wild raises to a tone that my Wild vocalizes out her understanding of.

They are in sync.

There is a tug on my baby finger, Odin starting to pull me towards our house. We walk just behind the other on a new path that we didn't take here. It only allows for one body to go; first. Odin leads while I follow behind him. He does not let my pinky finger go.

On the trail home I can't help but look at this male made of flesh, and bone. The musculature of him shifting and flexing with each step he takes. His body is made for the rugged Wild of the Far North.

"Odin, we need to talk about this ceremony." Pulling on his baby finger. He stops his path forward - we are almost at the back door of our house.

"It's the highest honor an Alpha can give his Luna. To wait to claim her in front of the pack, to show them that I have waited for my mate, my half. I will give you that honor, Charlie. I will show them all the honor of you." Passion, I feel the passion swelling within him.