| chapter eighteen |

' never had they seen such beauty under the
moonlight that drove them insane '

' never had they seen such beauty under the moonlight that drove them insane '

"MY FRIENDS." Sofia Denali addressed her butterfly friend's as she sat down on the green grass, the different butterflies surrounding her. "I won't be able to come tomorrow." She told them, and they groaned, sounds of displeasure being heard around the area.

"Why not?" Whined Sky, a light blue coloured butterfly as it sat on top of her crossed legs.

"Because my mates have found out I've been coming here and might follow me. I promise I will come soon." She promised before saying goodbye and leaving. She walked through the castle, going back to Caius's chambers. The blonde haired hybrid entered the room, closing the door slowly, careful not to make a sound.

"And where have you been?" Sofia let out a small gasp of surprise, spinning on her heel to see the youngest vampire king brother sitting on the bed with his legs crossed over one another.

"H-Hey, Caius." The blonde stuttered, her heartbeat picking up as a feeling of nervousness filled her.

"Where have you been?" He repeated, a stern expression on his face as his eyes narrowed.

"W-What do you mean? I-I haven't been anywhere." Sofia cursed at the fact that she stuttered. Caius let out a growl, stomping to her and pinning the blonde to the wall, arms above her head.

"I asked you a question, Amore. I expect the truth." He growled, angry. The dominance that emitted off of him in waves had Sofia whimpering, her head turning to the side, unconsciously, as she submitted to him. Caius smirked but shook his head, getting back to the point.

"I was in the garden," Sofia answered, her voice just above a whisper. Caius rose a brow as his grip on her loosened.

"Why were you in the garden?" He was curious, very curious. Why would she go to the garden in the middle of the night?

"I was in the room with all the butterflies." The blonde king's eyes widened as shock filled him before a wave of anger raced within him, his fury unlocking.

"What?!" He yelled, his eyes showing his raging fire of anger. "How did you even find that room?" He growled, the grip on her hands tightening as he lifted her, her feet not touching the ground anymore. Sofia whimpered in pain but seeing as he was too angry, Caius didn't hear it. Instead, his mind was clouded with anger.

Aro rose a brow as he felt a tug on his heart, along with the witch twins and Marcus. The eldest vampire sped to the Caius's room, already knowing what it was. The three followed, barging into the blonde king's room to see him angry while he pinned Sofia to the wall.

The blonde girl whimpered in pain as the grip on her wrists tightened, her skin growing cold as it began to crack ever so slightly.

"Caius." Aro called, "You are hurting her." That seemed to snap him out of his trance as he immediately let go of Sofia's wrists and took a step back in horror. The blonde girl fell to the ground, cradling her wrists as tears of pain pooled in her brown eyes.

"Oh, Sofia." Caius felt guilt wash over him as he stared at his mate, who was in pain. "I didn't mean to hurt you." Sofia let out a shaky breath as she felt herself heal.

"I-I know." She said, nodding her head. Jane went over and picked her up, wrapping her arms around the blonde hybrid.

"What happened?" The leader of the vampire coven asked as Jane sat on the bed with Sofia on her lap.

"She's been going to see the butterflies every night." Aro's eyes widened with realisation.

"How did you even find that room?" Unlike Caius, Aro was calm and kept his anger inside.

"I was in the garden, and I saw it behind all the vines." The black haired king motioned to go on. "It was like something was calling me to go, and I would've gone earlier, but Felix and Demetri wouldn't let me go."

"Why were you with them?" Alec spoke, jealous. At his sides were clenched hands, balling into a fist as his nails dug into his hands.

"I was walking around, and I saw them." Sofia giggled at the memory of them skipping down the hall. "We went to the garden afterwards." She answered, shrugging as if it was no big deal. The twins were jealous along with Caius, who was possessive. The three were the most possessive over the hybrid. "What's wrong with even going in that room?"

"That room is sacred. No ones have been in there for over 20 centuries."

"Oh."