CHAPTER THREE (part 1)

"If only you could see how much I loved you. But then, would you still value me?"

∞ ∞ ∞

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

THE CRASH

(part 1)

∞ ∞ ∞

ADHIRA'S BREATHS WERE fading quickly. She sobbed- tears drenched the gold blouse at the neckline. There was blood dripping down her arms, maroon blood- dark, stirring like her soul.

She opened her eyes- beautiful, riveting they were but they were slowly losing their spark. The smell of gasoline was strong. The car was upside down on its roof. All the blood was rushing to her head.

The night was burning brightly outside. Her breaths were becoming more forced. She could hear her phone ring somewhere. The hands which were strong and agile had lost their power and lay lifelessly against her chest.

No more fighting. The fight had left her long ago.

She could see her phone blinking in the dark, right beneath the glovebox. If she used her feet, she could reach it. The highway was deserted at this time. No-one would find her unless she reached out.

But what was the point?

It would be so easy to let go. To forget this pain. To forget this heartache. To forget everyone and everything.

∞ ∞ ∞

T H R E E    H O U R S    A G O

Waiting- she stood near the window of her apartment, dressed like an angel. The dress glowed like her eager eyes. If words could have been used to describe her beauty at the time, they would still fall short.

The spark of love was very much alive in her. Cascading like a waterfall, black strands of hair curved around her narrow waist. The skirt glittered, and so did the silver anklets she wore which would jingle pleasantly whenever she shifted.

She was becoming restless. It was already fifteen minutes past six. Fixing her scarf one last time, she strode to the living room and pulled out her phone.

Adhira: Where are you?

Rudra: I'm so sorry, Kapoor. I had to pick up my parents. They didn't have a ride for tonight. Will you be able to drive? I promise I'll have Aditya park your car when you reach the venue.

Aditya was Rudra's younger brother. Adhira didn't understand why all of the sudden his parents had decided to come with Rudra instead of Aditya. It was strange. As much as she knew his parents, she knew that they weren't the type to change plans at the last minute.