12 Years and Another Suitor Later...

12 years later...

Scarlett stared down at her father's grave, his death still a clear memory in her head though in 12 years many things had changed. Her mother remarried a man that Scarlett couldn't stand. All her sisters were married off to wealthy men that her step father knew and set them up with. Smiling she remembered each and every one that she had rejected. She knew that it drove her mother and step father crazy that she would do anything she could to avoid getting married.

"That man is driving me crazy pa." Scarlett spoke to the stone that never spoke back. "He actually wanted me to settle down with a doctor! I can't stand someone who thinks they know everything! He very much thought he knew anything and everything!"

"You rejected the doctor too?" Henry's voice called out to Scarlett.

"I had too! He was too...inquisitive." Scarlett spoke with a giggle as she looked to her best friend. "You didn't sound like you were on his side either."

"Scarlett, I don't want you to end up a spinster. I want you to be happy." Henry said with a sigh as he nudged his friend playfully.

"I will be happy when that brown hatted man is dead." Scarlet said her voice turning cold as ice.

Henry nodded, he had no idea who the man was but somehow Scarlett held onto the grudge. Not that he blamed her for that but they didn't have a name just a scar she saw when she was a girl. Who was to say that the man wasn't dead now anyway?

"I'll marry right after I kill him." Scarlett said turning to leave the graveyard.

"Oh yeah? You really think someone would marry you once you have wanted posters all over town?" Henry scoffed as he followed his friend.

Stopping in her tracks Scarlett looked over her shoulder at Henry. Ever since she was a girl she loved him and deep down she knew he loved her too. Not that she would ever admit that to him in a million years but at the right time she would. Until then she would give him the smallest hints ever.

"You would, don't even try to deny it." Scarlett smiled her pearly whites at Henry who just nodded knowing that he couldn't disagree with her.

"My Pa is trying to marry me off too though so get this done with soon or I may not be around to marry you." Henry said walking out to the red head who had held his heart. "Then what would you do?"

Scarlet looked into Henry's eyes. Her heart felt troubled hearing that he was trying to be married off as well. It made sense though since they had both been avoiding this for as long as they could. They were both of marrying age, Scarlett was 19 which meant that Henry would be 20 almost 21 one here very soon.

"I have to do this Henry, I swore to myself that I would find the man and give him the same injustice he gave my father." Scarlett said sincerely.

Henry watched her in shock, she was serious. He had heard her say over the years that she would hunt the man down and end him but for some reason he never took her seriously. Henry grabbed Scarlett and held her close.

"What if you don't make it? What if he kills you or you end up in jail and hung as well? I can't bear to think of anything happening to you." Henry said as he held her tight.

"Mr. Jackson, you would do well to remove yourself from my step daughter's person, she has a gentleman caller at the house." Scarlett's step father, Morgan, called out to them.

Henry moved away from Scarlett and sighed. Looking to her step father and hating the man a plan came to her mind. Not the smartest of plans but maybe this would be something to show her step father that he couldn't control her and maybe even reassure Henry that she needed him with her always. Grabbing Henry's head Scarlett leaned in and placed her lips against his. Henry was wide eyed with shock but that was over quickly as he leaned into his first kiss with the girl he loved.