Sleepovers & Boys.

I had decided to give Amir a chance. He was a 300 level student of English and was the only child of his parents. He was over pampered and always got what he wanted. After going around in circles, we started dating and that was the beginning of all my problems.

I realised he was very overprotective, jealous and had anger issues. Anytime he saw me talking to any guy,even if it was one of my course mates; then they'd be a major problem. He verbally abused me and if we had an argument, he'd hit me. I couldn't do anything cause I had fallen deeply in love with him.

Something had come over me definitely as I wasn't like this before, it was like I was possessed. I always hid whatever happened between us and only Soffie knew. I couldn't tell anyone cause I was afraid he was going to do something to me.

Amir was a shisha addict and I had started taking it too even though it was just occasionally. By the time I had entered 200 level, I had become a shadow of myself. Soffie and I were now best of friends because our boyfriends were friends and we were always hanging out together. We were always ditching classes to go meet up with our "boyfriends" and making up lies to go for parties.

Soffie started coming to our house for sleepovers, Maa didn't like her from the first day she had set eyes on her but I managed to convince her that she was a good girl. She was still skeptical about her but she didn't say anything.

Ma and Daddy didn't notice anything cause at home I was still the innocent sweet Hanan they knew. I started going over to sleep at Soffie's even though it took a while before Ma agreed. I always used assignments and projects that never existed to cover up for why I was going there.

Whenever I slept over at Soffie's, we'd always go for night parties and won't return till dawn. Soffie's mom was late and she lived with her stepmother and dad. Her dad didn't pay any attention to her neither did her stepmother. So she came and left as she pleased.

Gradually, I started loosing all my friends cause they tried to caution me against the life I was living but I refused to listen. The only person that I listened to was Amir.

Amir was the centre of my universe. My whole world revolved around him. If he asked me to jump, I'd ask how high? That was how serious it had become.

I had also stopped picking Ibrahim's calls and told him I needed a break. I had a huge fight with Fai when one day he saw my snap when I had gone for a party and he tried talking to me but I flared up. I told him to stay out of my life and that I didn't need him anymore. He was very hurt and stopped speaking to me.

Layla always gave us monosyllabic responses whenever we spoke to her cause she didn't approve of our behaviour. Nadia started avoiding me also but I didn't care cause I had Amir.

I believed I was living the life.

Reality did not hit me hard until our first semester results were released.

Vote
Share
Comment.
Love
Aisha
xx