Rats & Brats.

We quickly rushed Ummi to the hospital. I was wondering what had happened. She was fine a few minutes ago and now she's unconscious.

Khalid was so agitated, he couldn't even sit. The boys were trying to calm him down while I just had tears in my eyes.

I was praying to God that it was nothing serious when the doctor emerged. We all stood up.

He asked to speak to Khalid and they left together.

Ten minutes later, Khalid came out smiling.

Ummi was pregnant.

Turned out she had fainted due to exhaustion. She shouldn't have played the badminton match.

I was so happy for my friend and cousin. It was a double blessing. Ummi and Yasmin, both expecting a child. I couldn't wait to meet be an aunt again.

We had to spend one more day in Cross River because Ummi was admitted at the hospital. We left the next day and I was sad that we were going back to reality.

I was going to miss all the fun we had during the trip. It was indeed memorable.

When we returned, Ibrahim and I visited Ma and Daddy. I hadn't seen them in a while and i had missed them so much. Salma and Salim were back for their holiday and I was so happy to see them.

We had dinner and Salma decided to come home with me. We really needed some sister bonding time.

We also went to see Mami and Baba. They were leaving for Umrah the following day and we were going to take Iman and Ihsan with us until they returned.

I was praying that Iman had changed her attitude towards me because I didn't want any problems from her.

I still hadn't told Ibrahim what had transpired between us that day and I really didn't want to. It'll just cause more problems and I already had enough on my plate.

We arrived home and we got into bed immediately as Ibrahim and I had work the next morning.

Iman had just been with us for one week but I was already stressed by her attitude. I tried my possible best to find what was the problem but she wouldn't even talk to me.

All she does is press her phone, watch TV and talk to her brother and sister. It was like Salma and I were invisible to her. Ibrahim didn't notice anything because anytime he was around, she'd act normal like there was nothing wrong.

At this rate, I couldn't wait for Mami and Baba to return from their trip just so she could leave.

I was just tired of her behaviour.

So many times I had to restrain Salma from having a fight with her.

"Kaii Adda. Ni fa I don't get why you're tolerating all these nonsense from this girl. She needs to be taught a lesson. How can she be disrespecting you like that?" Salma said as we were cooking dinner in the kitchen.

"Look. I just don't want any trouble. It's not like she's living here forever. Just allow her to do what she wants. At least she hasn't called me by name yet."

"Adda you're too soft walahi, that's the problem. I think you should report her to Ya Ibrahim kawai since you can't deal with her yourself." She said rolling her eyes.

"I saw that madam. I'll pluck your eyes out very soon." I said hitting her back. "If I report her to Ibrahim, it'll be my word against hers so no need. Besides, I don't want to create a rift between the two of them."

"If only you'd allow me to give her a taste of her own medicine."

"Don't even try it Salma, I know you very well. Don't attempt fighting with her. You're better than that so just ignore her." I said giving her a warning eye.