Colours And Promises.

Hanan

"What did you say?" I asked Ibrahim because I wasn't sure i heard him clearly.

"I said WE ARE BANKRUPT." Ibrahim replied.

This time around I didn't ask for a repetition.

I gently walked back to the bed and dropped what i was holding.

I needed a minute to get out of my shocked state.

What did Ibrahim mean by we were bankrupt?

Was that why he was acting up?

Oh my God.

"Are you ready to listen to me now?"

I nodded.

"How?" I asked my voice shaking.

"I'll tell you everything, just listen to me please. Come." He held my hand and sat me down on the bed.

"I don't even know where to start from. Apart from Mami, you're the only one who knows. I didn't know how to tell you, that's why, that's why I've been distant these past few weeks."

All those late night returns, all the attitude. So this was it.

I couldn't even start to imagine how Ibrahim had been coping with something as heavy as this and keeping it to himself at the same time.

"You remember that contract i told you about?"

"The one you guys have been chasing for a year?"

I remembered Ibrahim telling me about a certain contract that was going to be the peak of his career.

"Yes. That's it."

"I thought you guys were already awarded the contract and all that was left was to begin the project?"

"Well, it was all a hoax."

"Hoax kuma?" I asked shocked.

"Yes. The company that was going to award the contract, all the people i had spoken to, everything Hanan, everything was fake."

"Inalilahiii wa ina ilaihi raji'un."

"I didn't know Hanan, i swear I didn't. Everything was so legit, you'd swear it was real."

"Well then how did you find out?"

"After the contract was awarded to us, we were supposed to invest a a total of two hundred million naira and at the end we'd get six hundred million naira.
You see it was very profitable, so I agreed to it.

We checked our company's account and we had two hundred and fifty million in total which meant we had enough funds to carry on with the project.

Everything was set, two hundred million already invested, my workers were ready to start then came the great shocker.

We found out the company was fake and you don't want to know who the master mind behind this whole scam is?"

"Who?"

"Hamza."

I wasn't entirely shocked cause I've always known they was something off about that guy.

"Your personal assistant?"

"Yes, he staged everything. By the time we had figured out it was him, he had already disappeared.
We had already started investigations on how to find him when Khalid discovered something.

Hamza was linked to Amir."

"Amir?" I asked confused. "But Amir's dead. How?"

"Hamza is Amir's brother." He confirmed.