39. Losing Mind

Maan's pov:

I was shocked. What have I done?

Samaira hugged me and said," I knew you will come back to me. I am so happy that you finally agreed to marry me."

I pushed her away and went outside but didn't find Jiya there. Did she listen to my conversation with Ammi? Does she left me?

I was searching for her when I saw she was crying and some guy had his hand wrapped around her. I can't see his face. I walked towards them but he left before I can reach them.

When Jiya saw me she wiped her tears and said,"How is Ammi?"

I said,"She is fine for now. Who was he?"

She said,"Who?"

I said,"The guy who left just now."

She said,"He is our neighbour. He just came to check where we left at midnight"

I said,"Why does he care?"

She said," He is just friendly. Are we going home now?"

I said," Yeah. Let's go"

Whole ride she was silent and had not spoke a word. I hope she had not heard anything.

Once we reached home we got freshen up and then laid on bed. Jiya snuggled closer to me and wrapped her arm tightly around me.

She said,"Maan don't leave me."

I said," I won't Jiya. I have something to tell you. Ammi she asked me to promise her to-"

She said,"I know"

I said,"How? But don't worry I will think of something. This is getting too much of drama. "

She smiled and said,"I know. Maan I think you should -"

I said,"Don't complete it. Don't complete your sentence. Leave everything to me.

She nodded and slowly drifted to sleep but I was thinking about what to do further?

It's been 10 days since that promise. Ammi came back home and her health is getting better. I have tried to talk with her but she gets hyper every time I mention Jiya's name.

Jiya is becoming distant from me or It's just my thinking I don't know. I am very scared of losing her. I feel like one day I will open my eyes and she won't be there in my life. I won't be able to find her. One promise has turned my life upside down.

When I went home I was shocked to see her friends. I mean her friends Sameer,Salina,Adeel and Aliya.

We talked for a while and I got to know that all her friends are shifting back to India. Adeel already bought villa beside ours when I bought it so that Aliya doesn't have to stay far away from our house. He is so caring and totally in love with Aliya.

Sameer and Salina are going to stay with us. I thought it will be good as Arham will get time to spend with Sameer. He didn't say anything but I can see the happiness in his eyes once he saw Sameer here.

It's night and everyone went to their rooms and houses but I am not feeling sleepy. I don't want to disturb Jiya's sleep to came to the backyard.

After sometime I felt someone beside me. I looked at that side and saw Sameer and Adeel standing there.

I said,"oh god you guys scared me."

Sameer said," You are the one who scared us who walks in back yard at 2 in the morning?"

I said," I was not able to sleep. I was little tensed."

Adeel said,"Aliya told me you agreed to marry Samaira. When we went to visit Aunty she told her that. "