Chapter Twenty

I had tried to make it as clear as possible to Eithan that having freedom didn't mean anything. We couldn't have just taken advantage of it by any means, we had to still behave like it was undercovers. It was good enough that our parents allowed this situation and provoking them was a horrible mistake.

   Shawn left as well, two days after New Years. It wasn't an easy goodbye, even cotton was sad. But he promised he'd be back in about three months, it didn't seem long but when I processed it, it felt like forever.

   School had started too, everything was back to normal. My routine was flowing well and my grades were still very good. The only thing that would take time to get used to is Eithan's constant paranoia about us hanging out with Ryan and Aidan, I couldn't stand him but I wasn't going to back down either. Who was he to tell me what to do, jeez.

   Emma and I didn't meet throughout the Christmas holidays, she went to visit her grandparents in London. We spoke every day but when we met again on the first day of school we went through everything again. I was so tired honestly, I needed some "male-free" time.

*  *  *  *  *

      Just two weeks after school had started and I was already resenting life. I walked with Emma to our classroom and groaned quietly. "Kill. Me." I sat down. She smiled and chuckled quietly. "Come on Liv, it won't be that bad" she smiled and sat by me.

   I rolled my eyes and took out my books. "Uhm, excuse me..." said a quiet voice. I looked up at the girl. I didn't recognize her face, she looked disoriented. Perhaps she was a new student. She was so beautiful. Her auburn tight curls fell down her back, almost touching her elbows. Her pale blue eyes were big and foxy, somewhat anxious-looking.

   I smiled warmly at her. "Hey" she smiled back in relief, the freckles on her cheeks and nose shifting. "I'm sorry, I'm just a little lost. Is this class B3?" she asked politely. "Yes, it is, mind sitting with us?" I nodded and gestured at the seat in front of us. She thanked me and sat down.

   Emma grinned warmly. "Hi, I'm Emma. You're new right?" she nodded and smiled. "Yeah, I moved here a few days ago. I'm Victoria" "Aw, such a pretty name" I grinned. "I'm Olivia" I said and shook her hand, rolling my eyes at the sight of the triplets coming in the classroom. "Do you know them?" she asked quietly. I laughed and shook my head slightly. "You have no idea..."

*  *  *  *  *

   The break we spent it together. It was nice to hang out with girls for a change, I was fed up with guys in general. We were laughing and I had told her some general facts about my family and Eithan.

   We found out about her too. She was American and her parents had been offered a job here. She seemed quite sad saying that, I don't know what it must feel like to leave everything behind and moving so far away.

   As we were talking, Ryan and Aidan approached us, grinning charmingly. Aidan spoke first. "Hello, ladies, who's your new friend?" Victoria smiled politely. "I'm Victoria" I smiled at them. "Take it easy casanova, we don't want to scare her away do we now?". Ryan smirked as Aidan's blue-green eyes gleamed.

   I cleared my throat and raised my eyebrow. "May we help you?" Aidan looked at me and smiled widely. "Yes, yes you may." he turned to the red-haired girl and he was taking in every detail of her face, it even made me blush. "I would only like your lovely number" he grinned as she nodded and passed her his phone.

  "If it's meant to be, you'll guess it" said Victoria sassily. Ryan choked on a chuckle as Aidan tried to think of a comeback, Victoria was quicker again. "It's okay, you can come back in like 20 when you think of something" she smiled and batted her eyelashes innocently.

  Ryan bit his lip and pulled his friend away to save him for embarrassing himself further. When we were sure they were gone we started laughing. "Wow, I didn't know you had it in ya.." I said in amazement. "Well.. I've spent a lot of time studying American mean girls. I have to admit its pretty fun" she laughed.

   Aside from that, I could already feel Eithan's gloomy aura around. I knew he'd be passive-aggressive about it at home but whatever,  I was having fun.

*  *  *  *  *

Eithan's P.O.V

Oli and I were finally free to do whatever we wanted... Whatever. We. Wanted. And now that we had that chance, she kept going on and on about being careful. I understand that we shouldn't show off but we are even more distant than we were before.

She spends all her time with Emma and that new girl... and that..that dude that always stares at her. God! I just want to batter his face. I don't even remember his name...Yes, I do... That Ryan. The other guy doesn't really bother me, he's preoccupied with the new girl, who I know nothing about.

Anyways. She doesn't want me to go to her room at night anymore. What's up with that? And when I ask why or at least stand up for myself she gets mad and calls me selfish. Right, when things were going so well she gets all weird again.

I'm just a guy who wants to understand a woman... Is that so much to ask?

I groaned loudly. The three of them had been in her room since 3 pm and it was already 9 pm. I heard laughing and then them walking downstairs. Finally, they're leaving. I'll wait till she goes to her room. Then I'll wait for about eight minutes and then I'll go--

A soft knock brought my thoughts to a halt. "Come in" I said and propped myself up on the bed. She came in smiling softly. Oh, how I love that smile... But I started feeling a small wave of anxiety, I had a plan, she wasn't supposed to come here.

"Hey" she grinned and came over to the bed. She climbed up and lay beside me. I smiled back and stroked her hair softly. "Hey to you too", she chuckled. "Y'know... A girl's friends can say very awful things about said girl's boyfriend.." she grinned wider as she started playing with the edge of my shirt. Oh uh... But why was she smiling?

She looked at me in the eyes. I had seen that look once before, the night we almost got caught. It was almost predatory. I just nodded waiting for her to continue. "But... When they don't, they usually say really good things.. which make said, girl, proud." she bit my earlobe softly. "And make said girl want to praise said boyfriend" she whispered seductively on my upper neck and I felt the sides of my mouth touch my ears.

She was smiling too, differently than usual. I was just smiling like an idiot as she continued playing with my shirt. She straddled me and kissed me deeply, pushing me down on the bed. "Damn" I smiled wide and wrapped my arms around her. "Be happy for as long as it lasts.." she bit my lip and I nodded. Damn, I thought to myself again.

*  *  *  *  *

The new chapter might be late because I have exams and a lot of tests at school and I'm sorry in advance.😭😞

~Np❤️