Chapter Three - My first music lesson

My whole day slipped through my hands as if it were sand in and hour-glass and before I knew it, it was last period. Through the course of the day, I managed to make some friends and so far zero enemies. Maybe a girls school was better after all?

Out of all the girls, I became the closest to Tania, Gracie and Milly. "Ugh, Tania, why can't you be in our dorm!" I moaned.

"Because I'm just not cool enough!" she said sarcastically. I laughed and gave her a hug. 

"You make jokes like that, but it's true," Milly said whispering to me.

"Ugh, you should actually get to know Tania before you start saying shit like that, she's a complete bitch! That's why I didn't put her down to be in the same dorm as me," said Gracie winking at me.

Tania gave a fake snarl but then laughed it off. 

"So... what's next?" I asked them.

"Music, I'm in your class, them losers are off on their own," Milly said pointing to Gracie and Tania.

"Ugh, you're soo lucky! Mr. Todd is the nicest teacher ever!" Gracie moaned. Mr. Todd, why did that name ring a bell? 

"He's fucking hot as well!" said Tania fanning herself with her hand.

Mister Todd works here! That's how I where I know him! He was the man in the picture. Oh, God, thank God, he's my teacher. 

"He's not that nice, but yeah he's pretty hot!" Milly said, "well the bell went like five minutes ago, we're gonna be late!" 

Tania and Gracie ran in seperate directions and Milly and I headed for the music department. We arrived into class right on time just as the teacher sat himself down on the sofa in the corner in front of the room. 

I looked at him. His dark brown hair, his dark brown eyes, the single ears piercing and ripped jeans all had me mesmorized. I stared at him uncontrolably and for a split second I saw him staring back.  "Hiya! I'm Mr. Todd, your music teacher, do you play?" he asked me. Unconvienently, at that moment, a massive lump was formed in my throat and gradually became bigger.

"Ugh, the piano, and I kinda sing but I-"

"Oh, well you can't kinda sing, can you or can't you?" he asked.

"I can sing, but -" I stammered. I knew where this was heading.

"Great! Why don't you sing something in front of that class?" he said enthusiastically. What an asshole? This just brings the whole 'Don't judge a book by its cover' saying to a whole new level. 

Without any further hesitation, I sat down at the piano and began playing "Always look on the bright side of life" and singing along to it. Every one laughed and smiled and joined in at certain bits. After I had finished everyone gave a big round of applause and Mr. Todd looked over at me. 

"Talent," is all he said.

"Thanks," I replied.

"No seriously, come back to my office after school, which house are you in?" He asked and I told him. 

"Oh wow, perfect, that's my house! Give me your planner?" He said. I dug in my bag for my school book and handed it to him, there he wrote some stuff !"down and placed it back in my hands, "that's my office room number, go there as soon as you check back in at your house common room!"

I smiled and thanked him and he finally got on with the lesson. I looked up at him every now and then as he taught, maybe this was fate, maybe this was destiny.

*****

School ended right on time at 3:30pm and Milly and I rushed back to our dorn to see the other girls. We were the first back into our room. "I still haven't met Caitlin or Iris," I pointed out. 

Milly sighed, "Oh, I think they're on vacation, their families always do this! Don't worry I think they'll be back next week."

Within seconds Gracie walked in, "Hey guys, how was music?" As she said this she put her bag down and hung up her cardigan. 

"Good.. speaking of music, Cassie has to go to Mr. Todd's office for a... private chat!" Milly winked at Gracie.

"Yummy! I'll walk you there!" offered Gracie.

"It's fine I can -" I began.

"She wants him to herself dipshit!" snapped Milly. Gracie gave an offended look that read Okay, you won

I smiled at the two of them and then left the room. I looked at the note he gave me. How the hell was I meant to read that? His handwriting was so bad he could be a doctor. Finally I made out what it said, sorta, and headed in the direction of M16 (his office). My head was swarming full of ideas. Did he really think I was talented? I didn't think I was anything special, but he did. I peered down the hallway and had a glance at all of the boring classrooms and offices. m12, m13, m14, m15, bingo, m16! I reached the door and knocked on it three times. 

"Come in, Cassie," he said.