Chapter 27

Elizabeth had not noticed falling asleep. Nor had she noticed the blanket that was placed over her. James still sat in his chair across from herm his laptop resting in his lap. Every now and then he would look up from his screen and at the sleeping figure before him. 

She had drifted off about two hours ago and he did not have the heart to wake her. So instead he put a small pillow between her head and the chair and got her a blanket. Occasionally she would stir and he would look up.

It was not until the pilot spoke that he knew he had to wake her up. They were about to descent and well, land. Carefully he got up from his seat and crouched down in front of her face. His eyes were now aligned with her closed ones as he softly raked his fingers through her hair. 

Sure to most it probably seemed creepy, but he had been dying to touch her hair since the day he met her. She stirred once again before her eyes fluttered open. Quickly she sat up straight and looked him in the eye. "I..." She started not quite knowing what to say. 

"Sorry," James said standing up and going back to his own seat, "But we're about to land."

She quickly glanced at the window before looking back at him. "I must have dozed off. Where are we?" She said. James chuckled and shook his head, "You dozed off a couple of hours ago and you'll see." 

Elizabeth groaned as she looked out of the window again. "Well all I can see from here is that it is dark out." 

The plane landed and the two of them got out of the plane. Elizabeth was about to ask James where to go to when she spotted the big black car. "Really?" She said turning back to him crossing her arms. 

"Really." He said with a smug look on his face. 

"Good evening Ma'am." The chauffeur said tipping his hat to her. "Good evening sir." She replied chuckling. "Hands off, Johnson," James said joking. "I wouldn't dare sir," Johnson said holding up his hands and chuckling. 

Johnson moved to open up the door, but James stopped him and did it himself. "Thank you." She said getting in. James walked around the car and got in on the other hand. "To the hotel Johnson." Was all James said "Still not saying anything?" She said looking out of the window. 

"Oh come on a smart gall like you?  I thought you would have figured it out by now." 

Elizabeth shook her head with a smile creeping upon her face. "You're really something aren't you?" 

"Well I think I see..." She said looking out of the window. "Are we in the mountains?" She continued and turned to look back at him. 

"Maybe." He said smiling at her. 

A/N

Sorry for the short update. I plan to write more soon, but I just felt like I haven't updated in too long so here's a short update.