Messy

Author's note: Exams are right around the corner and I can't wait for school to be done soon. Just a warning...only a few chapters left of this story! I know a lot of people didn't like that Truth Comes Second was half the size of Family Comes First, but Family Comes First was like a beast. It was 80 chapters. If I did that with this book I would be rambling about nothing and it would be really boring. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Leah," Jared said taking a step closer to the bed. "You had our baby."

She looked down at the baby with her puffy eyes and nodded her head before curling her in closer to her body. Jared was studying her face. He didn't want to ask the question that was hanging in the air. Leah let out a sniffle, and I could hear him sigh.

He knew the answer.

"Give her to me," he said taking another step toward the bed.

"No," she said.

Mom turned her body so that she was facing Jared. She pushed herself to the edge of the bed. She looked like she was ready to pounce at any moment.

"You know we can't keep her, honey," he said, inching his way closer to the bed. "Don't make me look like the bad guy."

I heard another cry, but it didn't come from Leah or Mom.

Blair had jumped up onto Jared's back. Her dark hair was tousled in front of her face, and she had her legs around his waist. She had her nails deep into Jared's face. She clawed at him, and blood began to bubble to the surface.

"Don't touch her!" Blair screamed.

Jared shook his body from side-to-side to shake Blair off of him. Mom jumped off of the bed and ran over to the bathroom connected to the room. She closed the door for a moment before running back into the room.

"Leah, you have to get up," Mom said.

Leah grimaced in pain as she slid herself to the edge of the bed. I put my arm around her as I helped her onto her feet. She was shuffling her feet and I wanted to pull her to maker her walk faster, but I didn't want her to trip. Especially with the baby in her arms.

As soon as Leah got into the bathroom, Mom pushed herself and I out. She stuck her head into the bathroom.

"Lock this door," she said. "And don't leave until we come to get you."

She slammed the door shut and spun around. Jared grabbed Blair's back. He threw her over his shoulder and onto the floor. She tried to scramble onto her feet. Jared raised his foot, and stomped down onto her face. There was a scream and a loud crack.

My guess was that it was her nose.

Blair rolled onto her side and brought her hands up to her nose. The blood had already dripped off of her face and onto the floor.

Mom somehow made it to the other side of the room without me noticing. She was over at the dresser, and she peeled back half of the stack of towels that she brought in earlier. She had the kitchen knife hidden between the towels.

She grabbed the knife and let out a deep breath. She started walking toward Jared, and he heard this. He turned and saw her with the knife. His eyes went wide, and Mom started to run. She lifted the knife, and he raised his hand in defense.

I never expected an ear shattering scream like that to come from Jared. I squeezed my eyes shut, and felt my whole body clench. When I opened my eyes, Jared was on his knees with his hand held high. The end of the knife was sticking out of the back of his hand.