2

I was a bit confused when Tony and Steve walked in with a bald man in a wheelchair.

"Hey Sean, this is Charles Xavier," Steve told me with a small smile.

Tony looked a little sad. FRIDAY paused the episode of Supernatural I was on.

The man's wheelchair rolled to the side with the IV, "What is this for?"

My nurse walked in the room and answered, "He needs the IV to give him painkillers because of his speed," she informed him as she fed my fish.

Charles frowned, "How much is he given a day?"

I tuned out the rest of their conversation in favor of watching Yin and Yang eat.

'Hello? Where did you go?' I heard echo in my mind, it sounded like Charles. 'It's alight Sean, I'm a telepath,' sounded again.

'Can... Can you hear me?' I thought hesitantly.

I looked over at Charles, who had smile on his face and nodded. "Yes, I can," Charles told me aloud.

Steve and Tony looked hopeful, "What'd he say?" Steve asked.

Charles looked from me to Steve, "He wanted to know if I could hear him,".

I tried to grasp the connection to Charles, unsure of how to communicate. 'Why did they call you here?' I thought.

Charles refocused on me, "They didn't tell you?" he asked.

Steve tilted his head, "Didn't tell him what?"

Charles looked at the two with a frown. "That he will most likely be coming with me,".

I tried my best not to look crestfallen, but by the look on Steve and Tony's face said that I'd failed.