Chapter 2

Nothing really changed at the manor. His parents ignored you and you basically stayed clear of anyone. Your parents hadn't payed back the bride price. This was probably because your sister's marriage. They probably will pay it back later. 

You were wearing a short sleeve dress today. It was your favorite one as it was the only gift you ever received from your sister. As you were walking down the halls, you overheard Duchess and Duke Evans talking.

"They said they would pay us back in a month. What are we going to do with her?" she yells.

"If they don't pay us back we get the girl to divorce our son and kick her out. Simple as that my dear."

"That family of fools. How dare they make our son a divorcee to that thing."

"It might work well in our favor though. When we look up new matches for our son, we can drive their family to the ground while playing the victim." you walk away from them. You didn't care. In fact this was all going to your favor instead. Once divorced you were free. You would never have to live among the high society after this.

You wander onto the balcony enjoying the fresh air. It was nice and calm. You enjoyed the quietness. Just then you heard footsteps but you didn't turn around.

"Scar face." Vishnal.

"Yes." you never turn to look at him.

"It's rude to not look at the person your talking to."

"Does it look like I care." Vishnal walks up to you and forces you to look at him. You stare at him blankly.

"You are still my wife, even if it is short period of time."

"That has nothing to do with respect though does it?"

"I can't believe I am having an argument with you." You turn and look at the gardens below you. Let them yell. By the end of the month it will be over. You thought Vishnal would have left you alone but instead he joins you and look at the gardens. "You don't hide your scars."

"Never had a reason to. Everyone knows anyway."

"Do they bother you."

"Nope. I got over them." you didn't understand why he was asking you all these questions. He didn't have a reason to.

"Why did you agree to lie? Because of it, we are both in an unwanted marriage." At that you turn to face him.

"I was going to join The Order but my father said I had to do it."

"You were going to join The Order?"

"Yes."

"Why? Why would you want to go there?"

"It seemed like I would be happier there. They are the only ones who treat me like I am an equal."

"What do your parents think?"

"They don't know."

"You were planning on joining The Order without their consent. What kind of daughter are you?"

"The one that wasn't wanted. They don't care what I did. By the time we are divorced, Marianne would be already married. They got no reason to keep me. I would of joined in earlier but I wasn't of age." you walk away. He was going to lecture you. You were halfway out when he asked you something you weren't expecting.

"Do you care for your family?" you stop but you don't turn and face him.

"If they were to have perished in a fire or died in an accident, I wouldn't shed a single tear nor feel an ounce of sadness." you walk away leaving Vishnal alone.