Chapter 13

It was the day of the party and you had successfully faked a cold. You knew Vishnal wouldn't go to the party if you said anything earlier so you said it last minute. Right now you were trying to get him to go.

"You need to represent your family." you tell him as you lie down on the bed.

"You are my family too F/n. I won't go without you."

"You will tarnish your family name with this."

"As if I cared about that. Your well being is much more important." you roll your eyes at that.

"Fine." you say getting up. He was about to push back down but you hold up a hand. "You won't go unless I do right?" he nods. "I will go then."

"But F/n-" he tries to argue.

"I am going Vishnal." you cut him off. You get dressed and when Duchess and Duke Evans sees you, they glare.

"Were you not sick?" Duke Evans ask.

"He wouldn't go unless I came along." you answer.

"I won't allow this." Duchess Evans speaks up. "I won't allow her to stand beside our family."

"She is an Evans." Vishnal speaks seething with anger.

"As long as I am your mother and your father is the Duke, that woman will never be a woman of the house of Evans."

"Too bad then." Vishnal glares at his parents. "If you want me to go with you to this damn party, my wife will come along with me." you didn't know how to feel about any of this. Not even Marianne fought this hard to have you attend a party. Vishnal loved you no doubt but you weren't going to be happy here.

"Fine." Duke Evans speaks up. "But if she does anything that will disgrace our family, she leaves. Alone. Are we clear Vishnal?"

"...Yes." You all head to the party. Everyone glared at you and whispered things that were rude and uncalled for. Vishnal wanted to go yell at them but you had to hold them back.

"If you say anything, you will be causing more problems."

"I don't want them to say things that are wrong about you though. You are so much more." you felt a pang in your chest. You didn't know how to react. Just then a woman appeared. She had beautiful long black hair tied back into a bun. She was stunning. She greeted Vishnal.

"It is an honor to be meeting you." she says sweetly, completely ignoring you. "My father is Earl of Grove. My name is Sofia."

"A pleasure." Vishnal replies. He pulls you closer to him. "I am sure you also know my wife F/n."

"Ah...Yes. I could never forget someone who looks...unique." she says with a disapproving look. "My goodness, if we had been introduced earlier, I think we would of been married."

"Possibly, but I am happy with my wife."

"Just out of curiosity. Why do you love her?"

"She is special in so many ways." Vishnal begins listing off everything he loves about you. The more he goes on, the more apparent the woman's distaste is. Finally he stops and she turns to you.

"Why do you love Vishnal?" you turn to look at him. You didn't hate him. You were okay with him.

"I don't love him the way he loves me." you answer honestly. "I rather we be no longer married and friends." The girl glares at you before grabbing a glass of some drink and splashing it on you.

"The nerve you have!" she screams. "He goes on and on about how much he loves you and yet you treat him like that?!"

"You wouldn't bat an eyelash had it been the other way around." you reply wiping the drink off you. The woman was about to slap you but Vishnal prevents it.

"Stop harassing my wife."

"But she-"

"Stop." Sofia shrinks back when she sees Vishnal's expression. He turns to all the on lookers. "You all may hate me, but I don't care. You all might think of me as stupid for defending a woman who isn't of your standards of beauty. But I am telling you now, my wife is better than you lot." he drags you away from the party hall before anyone can protest.

Once you are far enough you stop walking. "Vishnal." you call out. He turns to you. He looks so sad and you are slightly taken aback.

"I am so sorry F/n." he says holding you close. "I didn't want this to happen. I wanted to show everyone how much I loved you and how you were more than they thought. I am so sorry." you slowly wrap your arms around Vishnal.

"I know Vishnal. You wouldn't want any harm to happen to me."