Chapter 6

"Really now?" you say surprised. "Your glad I was the one who married you. Not my sister."

"My parents were the ones who requested it. I agreed because she was the most sought out woman for a bride. It gave me a sense of superiority knowing she was the one I was going to be married to. Now I am hearing about her naivete and I think it was better things went this way."

"I'll admit my sister is stupid but she is nice."

"Not the best combination really especially in her case."

"True but she is married to someone of higher power. She'll be fine." Clare comes back and she says in an apologetic tone.

"I am sorry you two but duty calls. I will be sending you two back now since I won't be free until late at night."

"I understand Clare." you give her hug. "I'll see you soon." Vishnal and you leave. It was early in the afternoon and you went into the library to read a little. You found a book by an author you loved. As you reading you didn't notice a figure sneaking up on you.

"I didn't know you liked her works. They all are so...dark" You turn and see Vishnal.

"Am I not a dark person?"

"Wasn't implying that. You don't seem like one who would enjoy these books though."

"I read them to Clare. She loved reading this author's stories but not all of them are in braille. Whatever she can't read I read to her."

"That sounds nice. You sound like a good friend."

"Who knows." You continue reading but Vishnal stays. He even pulls up a chair and tries reading over your shoulder. "Can I help you?" you say irritably.

"I want to read it too."

"This is the second book. First one is right here." you hand him the first book. 

"Your no fun."

"Not my problem." The two of you read quietly in the library. You noticed the change in Vishnal's behavior. He wasn't being rude to you anymore but he wasn't exactly the nicest either. Even so, one could say you developed a friendship with him.

One day Vishnal was about to go to your room when his mother stopped him. 

"Vishnal. I noticed how close you were getting to her." she says indignantly. "Why?"

"She is a nice person mother. Not at all ugly as her scars."

"You two are divorcing in five days. After that, you have no business with that family." Vishnal wanted to say something but he kept his mouth shut. He felt his chest become heavy hearing his mother say that. He felt that he had gotten close to you but you did have a wall surrounding you. Within the month of marriage, he felt attachment towards you. He looks once more at his mother.

"Since we are divorcing in five days, I might as well tell her about it anyway. That way she will be ready to leave when the papers come."

"I see. And Vishnal, a acquaintance of mine has a wonderful daughter. They know of the situation and yet they are willing to still meet with you. Consider yourself lucky in that matter." Duchess Evans leaves and Vishnal continues to your room. What did you think of the divorce now that the two of you were friends.

He enters your room unceremoniously, only to see you changing into your night gown.

"Wouldn't kill you to knock." you say as you quickly slip on the dress. You turn to face him only to see him blushing. "Do you have a fever?" you ask in a teasing manner.

"You really should lock the door next time." he says and sits down on a chair. "My mother told me that in five days the papers will arrive. You will be forced to leave."

"I know. She told me herself. Your mother is quite rude. My first time talking to her and she accuses me of seducing you. Like that is possible." Vishnal felt his mind go blank. You didn't care. His own mother harassed you about your friendship and you didn't care.

"F/n." 

"Yes."

"What do you think of me now?"