CHAPTER 20

Ajay's p.o.v:

  I woke up in the morning and went to her room, i knocked the door no reply so i opened the door and went inside.  I saw her sleeping peacefully, ragini left to her hospital and she asked me to take care of her actually she begged me literally. I went near her and sit beside her, I touch her face still she have fever i covered her with the duvet. "Sorry adhithi i made you like this" i said, i know she cant hear me now but i feel guilty it hurts to see her like this, "Get well soon adhii" i said and walked out of the room.

I went to kitchen and prepared coffee for me, actually i missed her coffee it was too good. I prepared porridge for her and took that to her room, she is not in the bed and i looked around to see her, She stood there in the balcony staring outside. I went near her, how are you?? i asked. She was startled and turned to see me, good she replied. No you still have fever i replied back. How do you know? she asked me. Am a doctor adhithi i replied, i dont want her to know that i came to her room and checked her. Have this porridge and take your medicines i gave her the bowl. There is no need for you to do this ajay, you do your work i will take care of myself she said. What she said irritated me, just know one thing adhithi i am not doing this with concern you are just my patient so dont think anything. I kept the bowl and medicines near the table and walked out of her room.

I get ready for my work and came down, i thought to stay in home but what she  said intrigued me but still i dont want to go, what if something happens to her again?? I walked to her room and stood outside i want to knock the door but something stops me, I stood there for  ten minutes arguing with myself  when i thought to open the door my mobile rings then  i walked out from there.

Hello karthi.

What the fuck you are doing man?? he shouted back.

What happened? why you are shouting at me? i asked him.

You arranged for a meeting at 9 its 10.40 now you didnt show up still ajay, karthi shouted.

Ohhh shit!! i totally forgot about that am sorry man.

Fuck man, come soon or you will die in my hands and i cancelled the meeting he shouted.

Yeah! i will, i said and cut the call. I came out and closed the door "stay safe adhithi" i murmered and drove to my hospital.

I saw ajay in our cabin, he was checking some files. I went inside and sit quietly in my chair.

why you are late?

Hmmm.. i slept i lied to him, he threw the paper wait at me luckily i catched it, i smirked.

Sleepy head, he shouted. Do the surgery for the patient who is alloted for me and this is your punishment ajay and complete the ward rounds before doing the surgery.

What?? no!! i said.

You have to, no other choice he said and walked out.

I have two hours before the surgery, so i went for rounds. whenever i check on fever patient, i remembered her.  I want to know how is she, i quickly completed my rounds and went to see karthi. He was on his way to emergency ward, wait karthi i shouted he turned to see me. No ajay i  wont do the surgery, if you are here to talk about that then leave you are getting late he said.

Am not here for that stupid here me out first i ranted.

Okay tell.

I need a favour karthi, i said.

Favour? what??

I hesitated first, i want you to call adhithi i said.

What? but why? ajay.