Chapter 40

Harry's POV

I arrived at Emerald's office at eleven in the morning. It was too early to pick her up for our lunch date but I just could not wait to see her. I kept on counting the hours and minutes since I woke up. 

Emerald was at her table talking to her two employees when I entered her office. I signalled her to take her time, then I settled on the couch. 

She looked tired and agitated. I knew it had something to do with their jewellery designs being stolen. As what she'd told me last night, they had to make a new theme and change the designs. They already made and crafted jewelries worth billion of dollars but they could not showcase it in the exhibit. At the moment, their lawyers were working on filing a case against the Stones Jewellery Company.

About twenty minutes, the employees left and I was alone with Emerald. She stood up and went directly into my arms. 

"Hi." I kissed her lips immediately, forgetting the cut on my lips. I flinched a little as I felt the cut opened again.

"Your lips still hurt?"

"Yeah, a bit." I said in annoyance as I recalled what happened last night. Her father did not like me, obviously. I had to prove to him that I have good intentions with his daughter. And Zion... what the hell, acting like he was so vain. It was harder than I thought dealing with him. He thought I would molest his sister. What the hell! 

"My poor baby." Her hand cupped my jaw as her thumb caressed my cheek. Just staring at her eyes and being near her made me forget all the bitterness. What was important was that we were together now. 

"You look tired. Are you okay?" I hugged her tightly, pulling her on my lap. The feel of her softness and fragile frame was enough to make my body hardened. 

She heaved a sigh as her cheek rested on my shoulder. "Still bothered on how we'll dispose our jewelries."

"Don't worry, you can once the truth will come out that they're your original designs." I assured her, wanting to lighten her feelings.

"It will be very messy once the press would find out. I'd be in the headlines again."

"Ahh... you're starting to become the darling of the press. But I'll make sure that we'll be on it together again. Whatever your battles are, it will be mine too." I ran my hands through her red hair, caressing it gently. "I'll be here with you for a few days, but next week I'll go back to England to check on my project but I'll be back with you right away."

"Thank you, Harry. You made my burden lighter." She planted a kiss at the side of my lips, very careful not to touch my sore lip.

What the hell! Never mind the pain as long as I could kiss her. It was just painful at the beginning, but later on, it was gone. 

I shifted and in one move, I pulled her body down on the couch. Her legs were still on my lap as I loomed over her, kissing her cheek, her neck...

I heard the creaking sound as the door suddenly opened. I looked up and saw the person standing in front of the door, his expression was thunderous. 

Bloody hell! Not again.

I stood up, fixing my tie and suit as Emerald sat there on the couch tidying her hair. There were smudges of her red lipstick at the sides of her lips. Dammit! She'd freak out if she'd seen her face.

"Hi dad. Do you want anything? Um... something?" She asked in her very professional tone. She looked even more cuter.

Mr. Petrakis shifted his attention from Me to Emerald, then back to me. 

"Your fly is open." He said looking directly at my crouch. Shit!

My face burned with humiliation as I zipped my fly in a hurry. Dammit, why is it open? 

"What are you doing here, British boy? Aren't you supposed to go home and rule a country?" He snapped at me, made me speechless for a minute. 

I was back to 'British boy' again. I did not understand why he disliked me so much for Emerald. I knew many parents would be flattered if their daughter would have a prince or king as a boyfriend, but obviously, Eros Petrakis was not among them. He had the opposite reaction. What would I do to make him like me for his daughter?

He turned to Emerald and glared at her. "Check your face in the mirror, you look like you're auditioning for a Batman movie."

Emerald gasped and ran to the bathroom.

"I'm taking Emerald for lunch." I said as his accusing eyes focused back at me. I felt embarrassed being caught in the act making out with his daughter. His opinion of me suddenly went down from zero to hundred percent negative. 

He nodded, standing there like a predator. I understood now what dad said when he faced his father in law, my grandpa, for the first time. 

I had to figure out how to impress the man. He proved himself to be very difficult to deal with. 

Emerald's POV

"What the hell are you doing young lady? Making out inside your office?"

I felt embarrassed as I looked at Harry sitting on the couch again. He could possibly hear dad's whisper. 

"You should have knocked." I was really pissed of dad's attitude. He was so overprotective when there was really no need to. What is his problem? He knew Harry way back then, he was a good boy and a good influence to Zion. What was he afraid of? 

"I did."

"You did?" I rolled my eyes. "Why do I find it hard to believe."

"You were busy."

I shook my head, trying to be very patient. I would not win in any argument with dad. I loved him but his overbearing attitude was too much to swallow sometimes. "Why are you here?"

"The lawyer called."

My heart pounded at the mention of the lawyer. "And?"

"He talked to the lawyer of the Stone Jewellery. Regina Stone was so upset denying the allegations. She's planning to present a counter affidavit."

"Well, let's see if she has something to prove that it was her original designs."

"Kevin Hill tried to leave the country this morning, but the authorities spotted him in the airport. He's under investigation right now."

I remembered Kevin, when he was so nice to me when we hung out together. But knowing that he was just pretending... well, he should be punished for what he did. Stealing was a crime.

We continued talking until I realized that Harry and I should go already. I looked at my wrist watch it was almost twelve noon, "We have to go, dad. I'll talk to you as soon as we get back."

"Of course."

 I took my bag and walked towards where Harry was seated. Harry stood up immediately and together we faced dad.

"Well, enjoy your lunch." Dad stayed where he was, waiting for us to go.

I did not know what came over Harry when he asked. "Do you want to join us for lunch?"

I was surprised why he asked dad. I knew he was just trying to be nice with dad by asking, by being courteous. But, I was more surprised when dad instantly answered. 

"Really? That would be great! We'll take my car."

**Don't forget to Vote**