Chapter 43

Emerald's POV

"I'm not a thief! We did not steal anything from the Petrakis Gems. It's our original design! Emerald Petrakis is a bitch! She's always jealous of me." Regina knocked the lady reporter's face with her elbow and screamed. "Get the hell out of my building you crazy people!"

My family and I watched Regina Stone's interview in the evening news at home. The controversy regarding my stolen Jewellery designs were out and the reporters were getting crazy again. I have to stay here at home to avoid the press. My lawyers answered their questions on my behalf.

"Don't worry, Emmie, we will win this battle." Dad gave me assurance.

I knew that we were at the right side but still, having a tooth and nail fight with Regina since we were kids was not healthy anymore. The competition between us should better stop, since we were grown ups already.

I went to my room after dinner and worked on some designs for the coming exhibit. The queen's crown was halfway done and revisions were made for the other jewellery.

Harry went out to see his twin sister London, who arrived this evening. She was staying in her apartment in Manhattan. He said they would have dinner and meet her friends afterwards. He wanted me to come with him, but because of the situation with the press, I would not take the risk.

There was a knock on the door and it immediately opened. It was mom.

"Hi, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, come in mom." I put the stylus down and turned to mom. "What's up?"

"I'm so worried of you, are you okay?" She sat down on an armchair, opposite to were I was sitting.

"Of course, I'm okay. I'm a tough girl." I touched mom's hand, caressing it briefly.

"You just want to appear tough but I know deep inside, you're hurting. I know you too well, Emmie. You don't want to talk about your feelings, you don't want us to worry."

Yeah, I am secretive and I don't want to talk about my feelings. I don't want pity from anyone, and I don't want to be a burden from my parents. They had a lot of things to worry about, the business, the employees and Crystal who got a medical condition when she was young. I did not want to add more to their problems.

"I can handle this, I promise."

"We love you so much, Emmie. Your worries are our worries too. You've been to a lot of things this past few days, the scandals in England and this with the jewellery designs. Tell me what you feel about it."

I stood up and transferred to my bed. Mom followed and hugged me.

"Tell me sweetie. We care for you a lot. Open up your feelings." Mom caressed my hair as I put my head on her lap.

"I just want to be with Harry."

Mom's hand stopped, then she asked. "You love him?"

I heaved a sigh, then looked at her. "Yeah, so much. Is there a problem with that?"

"No. Of course not." Mom smiled and stroke my hair again. "We love Harry, he's a very good man. He'll be a great king of England someday."

I nodded. "But dad doesn't share the same opinion. He doesn't like Harry for me."

I heard mom exhaled heavily, I looked at her and saw her lips twisted. "He'll come around, just give him time. He's just afraid that Harry will propose sooner and take you away from us."

"But I'm twenty three mom, I have to live my own life and someday, I'm going to be with the man that I would marry."

"Yeah, and we're not depriving you of that happiness sweetie. Your happiness is our happiness. It's just that, your dad... " Mom groaned, finding hard to explain.