Chapter 1

[MAKING PLANS]

My name is Imani Wilkins. I live in Atlanta, Georgia, I'm 15 and I'm a sophmore at Mt. Zion Ministries Christian Academy. It's the school affiliated with the church my father assistant pastors, I guess you could say it's a mega-church and because of that I'm always the in the center of attention, being "Pastor Wilkin's daughter." Although the church was HUGE we were by no means "rich", yeah we had money but not enough to splurge like Pastor Johnson. He was the actual pastor. He has three houses and five luxury vehicles. We had a nice four bedroom, two story house in a nice suburb of Atlanta.

Sometimes it is stressful, I just wanted to be a normal teenager and go to parties, have fun with my friends. My dad basically coddled me, trying to prevent the "devil" from taking over my life, and in his opinion anything or anyone that had no connection with Christ was simply evil.

My biological mother left us eight years ago and my dad remarried two years later, and his wife already had a daughter named Ivy.

I don't know why she left but she just did. I guess she doesn't love me anymore.

My 16th birthday was in a week, the preparations for my dinner were already under way. I didn't want a party because what fun am i going to have. Don't know one wanna twerk to "Take me to the King," so the best thing was for me to have a dinner with my girls and a couple cute guys from the academy.

"Imani, you ready to go?" Ivy asked from my doorway, we were headed to school. Ivy is two years older than me.

Ivy has never liked me, we always get into it for the simplest stuff

Ivy has never liked me, we always get into it for the simplest stuff. She is one of the most miserable and jealous people I have ever encountered. Anything I get, she wants and that includes boys.

"Yeah I'm ready." I said putting on my back pack. We went through the garage and hopped in Ivy's car.

I was just looking at my phone, going through everyone's Snapchat stories when a notification popped up on my screen, it was a text from my best friend, Kayla. Kayla was Pastor Johnson's daughter.

 Kayla was Pastor Johnson's daughter

WifeyKay❤️: gurl guess what?☺️

Me: what ???

WifeyKay❤️: bitch I got invited KG Major birthday bash!!☺️

KG Major was a local rapper in Atlanta.

Me: okayyy

WifeyKay❤️: yk you my plus one right?😂

Me: you know damn well my parents ain't letting me go to no KG Major birthday bash.

Me: besides he all gang related, dangerous ppl gone be there, Issa no👎🏽

WifeyKay❤️: you ain't no type of fun, just please. I can sneak you out.

Me: 😒

WifeyKay❤️: you not even doing nothing for your birthday, might as well have an ACTUAL celebration 🤷🏽‍♀️

Me: I get what you saying but like his type of ppl ain't the kind I wanna be around, allem guns and drugs

WifeyKay❤️: ITS A BIRTHDAY PARTY! Nobody gone be shooting up guns or drugs grandma😂

Me: when is it?

WifeyKay❤️: tonight😂

Me: bitch wtf???

WifeyKay❤️: look ik it's late af but I only got the invite today, they wasn't putting it out there like that bc idk.

Me: bc the Crimsons ain't want nobody coming over there to shoot up their party🤦🏽‍♀️

The Crimson Brotherhood is a gang in Atlanta, KG Major affiliated with them.

WifeyKay❤️: yep, i ain't wanna say it but you did😂😂

Me: I'll go cuz I don't want you there by yourself.

WifeyKay❤️: nah b, you going cuz you wanna see all them fine niggas😂

Me: fair enough😂🤷🏽‍♀️What time it start?

WifeyKay❤️: 8:30

Me:okay den

WifeyKay❤️: AYEEEE WE GOING DUMB👎🏽