Chapter ten

My eyes dart to my father.

How the hell did he find me?

My breath is caught as the building doors bust open.

I quickly dart my eyes to Ryder who was stuck to my side.

Leaving a slight breath of relief, I look up at Ryder for a second before turning back to my father slowly.

Oh shit, Ryder can't find out about my abuse, quickly thinking of a plan in a head I thought of one thing that might just work.

"HOW DARE YOU R-"seeing Ryder's angry expression on his face I close my eyes for a second before bitting my lip and opening them.

I had to do this...

"Oh I'm sorry who are you?" it took all of my confidence out of me and I knew what was coming next.

My father's expression went from angry to the max you can go for anger or something, he was fuming and he knew he might lose this time, for the first time.

"How do you not know me sl-"my father stopped his sentence when he saw Ryder, he knew he wouldn't be able to say the things he does to me in front of anyone else.

"Addison, who is this man?" Ryder asks me, his voice cold and dangerous.

"I- I don't know." I say stumbling a little I couldn't believe I was actually going to win this.

"Then, sir you will have to leave this premises unless you want me to get the police officers involved." He says still deadly.

I smirked a little but it quickly faded, my father's number one fear was cops and getting caught...

"Fuck, Addison I will find you." He says before controlling himself to not hit me.

"You can try." I say before quickly staying close to Ryder.

For some reason I felt close in his arms and when I was near him.

A flash of red could be seen in my father's eyes, he was that mad.

He yanks my arm pulling me closer to me before whispering something deadly in my ear.

"You can get away that easy, I will get revenge." He says before throwing me away.

I stumble back on my feet and watch him leave, as I turn around Ryder is staring down at me.

I raise my head and tilt it a bit, he was really tall compared to me and even in my heels I was still really short compared to him.

"Are you ok?"Ryder asks me as he hands flew to my shoulders.

"I'm fine, see you tomorrow Ryder." I say before loosening his grip and quickly walking away.

Was I almost abused in front of Ryder?

Yep, and I would never want to think about it again.

I look back for a second and see Ryder staring at me, he was about to walk over to me but I shook my head and hurried away, he was only going to question me but I couldn't answer him truthfully.

As I started to walk away I felt suddenly cold, clutching my coat I kept walking feeling like someone was following me.

***

"Why can't you go out?" Mia says as she looks in the mirror wearing a really pretty, fancy dress.

"Because, I told you he's out there I know it, he has been tracking me down since I ran away." I say while in my tracksuits and an off shoulder jumper.