5

I had no time to confess my sorrows to katie as my next class approched. I wasnt the type of girl who skipped class but i so wanted too right now.

Once i reached my class I rushed to my seat trying to avoid everyone , jake and I were something complicated, we have always been that way even when we were friends, now when I say friends I mean like child hood friends, if it weren't for our mothers being best friends we would have never known one another, till this day the Adams would come over for dinner twice a month, I protested to be involved but with my lack of power my mother always forced me to keep jake company so it's not like I can hide from him in school or after.

The rest of the day went by slowly without any pranks or bullying, this didn't seem to affect me being that my mind is somewhere else.

I haven't even noticed Katie standing quietly next to me in the parking lot as I stared at jake and his group of friends.
They were casually against a wall known for the popular kids just laughing and talking away like no one else mattered.

"You look like a stalker" Katie pipped in

"No I don't" even though I did

I guess by the way I'm scrolling at jake while his arm is around some girl was stalker statues, I just couldn't help it, it's not like I planned this, I was minding my own business untill I saw jake with that girl, it literally made my feet stop walking and my eyes glued on him, I haven't noticed it before but jake was looking at me as he spoke to the girl.

I couldn't bring myself to look away, something about this scene made my heart ache, did he not just say we could be something just a few hours ago? and now he's out here being a man whore.

I knew jake didnt mean what he had said before, it was most likely a joke , even if he had no idea.

"I know you want to watch him all day but we kinda need To go before your mom yells at you"

She was right, the Adams were coming over tonight for the annual dinner night to catch up on things I had no interest in.

We both get into my car and drive off, Katie wasn't saying a word which is abnormal for her and I wasn't so sure I should even try to bring up a conversation, she didn't seem happy today maybe it had something todo with the sandwich situation.

Once I dropped Katie off I slowly drove to my house praying something would happen so I didn't have to attend the dinner, but who am I kidding she lived three houses down what could possibly happen.

Once inside my house my mother rushed at me saying I needed to hurry up and get ready and all this other stuff about me being nice blah blah blah

How was I supposed to be nice to a guy who basically made a joke out of me today?

It wasn't fair how I had to sit with them when they don't even pay me no mind. All they ever do is speak with jake asking questions that they should also be asking me, this is stupid I swear .
My mom never took a chance to get to know me , even when company tries to engage with me she always changes the subject on too someone else. If only my mother knew everything that has happend to me maybe she would get it. Maybe she would drop her friend like a hot tamale , but who am i kidding , if she did that somehow her being alone would be my fault and world war 2 would become world war 3 real quick.

After dressing in a dress my mother had clearly picked out for me I settled in my usual spot at the dinner table waiting for the Adams to walk in, I kept fidgeting at my dress hoping somehow it would grow longer in length

"Stop doing that Jessica Marie, your going to stretch the fabric" my mother hissed as she helped the maids set up the table

"That's the point mother" I hissed back

She rolled her eyes and went in with her fakenes.

My mother had picked out a dress that hung to my curves like a damn plastic wrap ! , it was a smiple color , black ,at least that wasn't to bad , but what bothered me the most is the lack of fabric it actually had, now I'm not saying my mother picked out a super slutty dress but if you could put it into a category it probably would be im a whore look at me! , it was strapless and went just above my knees,it also flared out at the bottom making my top half tight. ok maybe this dress isn't that bad but the thought of my mother buying it made me hate it right away.

My mother and I weren't the bestest of friends that you would normally read about in these type of books but we do fake get along if that even matters, she's always to busy for me or she couldn't handle me, it's the same on this side lady, I can't help but to not like her it just comes with the tittle of being rich.

ding dong

Fuck. the're here sigh

I hate this I really do.

Like a good girl I am I followed behind my mother greeting our guest with the kindest of words even though in my head I was mentally yelling at jake for looking so damn good in that button up shirt.

"Hello Jessie how are you ?" mrs.Adam said pulling me into a hug

"I'm fine Sarah" I think I said that fast becuz now my mother is scrolling at me

"That's good dear" she released me "shall we eat or what? I'm starving "

Sarah was always my fav person in the world other then my father, she wasn't up tight like my mother and always greeted or notice me with kindness i used to crave for when I was small I still couldn't understand how she even became friends with my mother, there just too different, I mean what the fuck do they even do when there alone? drink tea and speak about business, I can't imagine my mother doing anything else but that

"Nice dress" jake whispered into my ear as we walked to the dinning room

I gave him a small smile but replace it with a stern look, usually i would just ignore whatever he threw at me but my mouth had failed me by smiling

He helped me into my chair, nothing unusual at least for us. Once we all settled in the questions started to blow out at jake making me roll my eyes at every answer he would give them. he always used the words sir or please, sooooo fucking annoying!!, only I know this kid had a bad potty mouth.

"So jake, how is my daughter in school?" my mother asked really though she could have asked me that earlier!  but she probably knew I would give her a lie

"Fine I'm guessing" he placed his fork down "to be honest, Jessie and I don't hang out at school often, I'm either busy with sports or she's off reading with Katie " he answered

Bunch of fuckery

"And why would you be off reading jessie? don't you want to experience the high school life?" Sarah asked

"I read becuase i cant stand people at school " a direct dig towards jake " and im not too sure if the high school thing is my thing ya know" I Said.

My mother just gave me a weird look, one I have never seen before "we'll Jessica I think you should allow jake to show you around a few high school experiences, ya know like party's and stuff"

"No thats ok "

"Yes sweetie, I know jake goes to at least one party every weekend maybe you two should go together" my father said giving me an apology look knowing if he didn't agree with mother his night would be a disaster.

"That would be good" jake said smiling " theres a party next weekend actually "

I looked at jake griping my fork hoping somehow I could stab him right in his left eye, judging by his damn smirk I knew he did this shit on purposed .

"Fine" I grunted

"That's settled then" my mother said smiling like a damn crazy person

I bite down on my fork angrily before kicking jake from underneath the table

Stupid jerk...........