5

XANDER'S POV

I watch in amusement as Aria's ex-boyfriend tries to jump in the elevator - to fight me, perhaps? -, but luckily, the doors close just in time. Not that I was afraid of him, or anything. I could beat that guy up in seconds.

The amusement, however, gets wiped off my face when I hear sniffles beside me. Aria wipes the palm of her hands under her eyes.

That fucking asshole. He's such an idiot for cheating on her!

I wrap my arms around her shoulders, and bring her body to my chest. She tries to hold in her cries, but fails almost instantaneously. I hold her tightly against me until the doors slide open to my floor. I grab her hand and lead her through the door, while carrying her bags in the other hand.

I don't like the sight of her crying. It breaks my heart.

God I sound like such a woman.

I lead her over to the couch and sit her down. She immediately cuddles into the side of my body, under my arm.

I love the feel of her warmth next to me.

I want her to be closer though.

Without thinking, I grab her by the waist and sit her on my lap, so she's straddling me.

I tighten my hold on her and nuzzle my face into her neck. She smells so damn good.

"He doesn't deserve you Aria. None of them do." I run my hands down her back, while speaking softly into her ear. "I'm here, you can trust me." With my last words, she sobs harder.

I mentally kick myself in the butt. I'm only making her feel worse. Why the hell would I remind her of what her friends did?! They betrayed her and broke her trust!

She looks up from my chest. Her eyes are puffy from crying and her lips are in an adorable pout. In this moment, I want nothing more than to kiss her lips. "Do you mean that?" She hiccups over her words.

"Yes, of course. I would never hurt you Aria. You can trust me, I'll show you." I hold her head in my hands.

"H-how?" Her big, doe, green eyes look at me.

I can't help myself. I just need to kiss those lips! I lean to kiss her lips for just a second. "You tell me." I whisper running my thumb over her cheeks. "Anything you want me to do, I'll do it."

A few seconds pass in silence. I keep running my thumb over her cheek, and my fingers through her hair, while her eyes don't ever leave mine. Finally, she softly says, "Kiss me."

I don't waste another second. I attach my lips to hers giving her a slow, sweet kiss. I pull away a couple seconds later, only for her to attack my lips. She runs her fingers through my hair, tugging a bit, which turns me on.

I never knew I liked that. I don't think I did until Aria did it.

We fight for dominance in the kiss. My hands find themselves at her waist, gradually rising up her shirt. I feel myself slowly losing control.

When she starts to grind herself on me, I can't help, but grab her backside in my hands. She moans when I tighten my hold.

I know I'm seconds away from taking her right now. She doesn't help by rubbing herself on my hard member.

I grab her shoulders, and gently push her away from my lips. "I'm so close to taking you right now, we need to slow down." I look into her green eyes that are filled with lust.

"Oh sorry." Her face turns five shades of red. She jumps off my lap, and sits on the other side of the couch.

Irritated, I grab her thighs and bring her back to my side.