T h i r t e e n

H

e opened the safe and took a handful amount of money, heading out to the clothing store to buy him a tuxedo.

He'd be going to the business event which was coming up the next week.

He stopped his car in front of the posh tailoring shop and sighed.

When was the last time he had worn a tuxedo or a formal suit?

He could not remember as it had been years.

Should he buy or should he not? Should he really spend a lot of amount on something though he wasn't earning, or though he was jobless?

Will it be unfair or unwise of him?

He looked towards the store and closed his eyes.

It's okay, Abed. It's okay for now. It's okay to feed your desires sometimes, even in a very critical situation.

But make sure to make it up to it one day.

Just make sure of that.

He got out of the car and walked inside the store, feeling a familiar gush of nostalgic air brushing past by him.

He will buy the tux and he will repay the amount which he had loaned from his safe.

Someday, very soon.

*** *** ***

"Hey, wanna head out or something?" Abed asked politely to Esta who was working on her laptop.

"Didn't you just come home a moment ago?" Esta asked not meeting his eyes.

"You are always out." She added.

"Yeah, there's no reason for me stay in." Abed mumbled thoughtfully.

"Where are you always at?" She asked him, her eyes and attention on doing her work.

She was multitasking and in some way, it was bothering Abed.

He scratched the back of head and looked at her with his brows furrowed.

"Everywhere and anywhere at all." He answered, his voice disturbed and low.

"Like where?" She asked, again her eyes never did they meet his.

Abed felt the fury tingles and molecules of frustrating annoyance over taking within his bones.

"Some cafés, Kalim's station, walks here and there, and sometimes at the library." He said grinding his teeth internally, trying his best hold his angered annoyance.

Esta failed to sense his annoyance. For the first time ever.

Whatever she was doing, seemed to be important or such but Abed did not care about that.

If someone was conversing with him, they were supposed to give him full and complete attention, which included, especially the eye contact.

"Library? What on earth do you go there for?" She asked, as she wrote something on the piece of paper, still not giving Abed the attention he was dying for.

Abed ran his hands through his hair, as he slightly clutched and pulled them, while clenching his jaw hard enough for him to growl out,

"That should be none your damn problem!" His fists landed loudly and hardly on either side of the small study table at which Esta was sitting and working on.