Chapter 21: Saints and Sinners

Dreux

I nervously knocked on the door hoping she would answer. Its been almost two weeks since our huge fight and It's been eating me alive. I heard her footsteps towards the door knowing that she was home. She finally opened it rubbing her eye; I could tell she was just waking up. Once she saw my face her expression went flat. "Hey, can I come in? I asked with a bouquet of roses in my hand. She leaned to the side."Dreux, I-

"I won't overstay my welcome; I just want to talk," I said. She sighed opening the door letting me in. "How's little man, he's sleep? I asked looking at the other set of flowers posted by the trash can.

"Yeah" she answered tiredly resting against her kitchen counter. "I'm so sorry Mia, the last thing I would ever want to do is hurt your feelings. I had a lot going on, I let my emotions get the best of me-

She shook her head "I just don't want to talk about it. I'm not as ready as I thought" she said. I had to respect it at least she wasn't cursing me out right now.

"No pressure, just know. I love you and I didn't mean it. I beat myself up every day about it. I just love you so much and it kills me that were not where I want us to be, and it just frustrates me sometimes how you just can't open up to me when I've known you forever-

"So.. that's the reason why you commented on my parenting skills and called me a bitch? She asked crossing her arms.

"I'm not justifying it; I'm completely wrong I just want you to know where I'm coming from. You don't even have to forgive me but let me apologize" I explained.

"Thanks for the flowers" she spoke grabbing them roughly. "Mia" I followed her. She turned around with watery eyes.

"That shit hurt like hell for you to say that" her voice cracked. "Please, just-go... I need time" She said. I felt like shit. I just wanted to console her but I couldn't. I didn't want to be too pushy, sometimes she likes her space and sometimes she likes when her space is invaded but I knew she was very serious. So I had to give her her space.

"Iight, I understand," I said caressing her face. "I'm sorry again," I said kissing her cheek before I left. I know you gotta fight hard for what you want but Mia and I haven't been together for years and I just had to accept that she doesn't want to be with me but I had to at least apologize.

Josie

I walked behind Jace trying to get him to walk on his own. He's now 7 months and he should be starting very soon. I've been feeling a little better lately. Smashing Raymond's windows really helped me, as well as standing up to Ricky. Surprisingly he's been chilling. He's still arrogant with no patience but his approach has been more manageable. I felt like something else was going on because he's been extremely quiet but he wouldn't tell me anyways. He's not home much of the time, he comes in almost dawn and is up at 8 am. Like how does that work? You're up 8am-5am. Come in around 5 am and then get up in two hours. He's crazy! I need all the sleep I can get.

"Josie... I need help"

"Yeah" I answered. "I need help with my math homework," she said. Morgan had tons of makeup work to do. She'd be back to school next week. "Take a break, I'll help you later," I said. I loved the weekends it was comfortable as hell in his mansion and I had time to spend with them. I heard him jog down the steps in workout gear. He had on a muscle shirt and basketball shorts. "Wassup," he said

"Hi" I said. I held Jace trying to get him to walk. He fell on the floor trying crawling to Ricky. "Wassup man" he smiled at him. I noticed he was good with kids but poo with adults. "Ba ba ba" Jace smiled making noises. Ricky picked him up "You almost big as me," he said talking to him. I sat on the stool opening my emails. There was a seminar about fashion design that I was reading. "Oh, can you give me your mother's number? I'm supposed to be making her a dress, she said if she likes it I can design her wedding dress" I explained looking up at him, staring at his back muscles. He turned around "The wedding is cancelled," he said placing his Gatorade on table. My jaw dropped "Oh" I said "What happened if you don't mind me asking? I asked. He handed me back Jace with an irritated look on his face. "He- can't live up to his marriage," he said walking away. "I'll be back," he said displeased.

LEMONADE|| Keith PowersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara