Chapter 33: Reminder

The Next Day

I sat around the table enjoying brunch with Kamaya and Mia. Maya and I were really getting along. I honestly think it was Kasey that was changing her a little bit. I don't want to speak too early... but she has been very mellow these days and to my surprise, Maya got Mia out of the house for a few. I liked Mia a lot she reminds me of myself when I hit my early 30's she so laid back and classy. Every time I look at her I think how in the hell did she end of being in a relationship with Dreux. Dreux the goofiest guy alive... maybe that's why.

"Oh this is one of the dresses," I said taking it out of the bag. "Wow, this is gorgeous," Maya said holding it against her body. "Let me see," Mia said taking it. She held it against hers. "This looks like something from fashion nova but way better," she said. "Thank you" I chuckled taking a sip of my sweet tea. "I have to wear this out," she said. Maya rolled her eyes "Bitch, please you don't even leave the house" she laughed. "I know, I'm going to start stepping out again," she said.

"So what's going on with you ladies? She asked the both of us. "Nothing new was going on at all with me. "Nothing new," I said. "Mia? She asked.

"Mmmm, I want to try again with Dreux but I'm terribly scared" she admitted. When she said that it made me so happy inside Dreux is a gem and he deserves whoever he wants. "Awww really? I asked. "Yeah, I mean lately we've been going back and forth. We just got into it again and I know it's because of my indecisiveness" she admitted. I didn't feel like I could relate to any of this.

"You gotta make up your mind," Maya said eating her food. "I know its like, Dreux is so fun and he makes me feel alive and he makes me feel like I have nothing in the world to worry about but then the lifestyle always haunts me and then I worry if he'll cheat again. I know our relationship can be great but what if something bad happens.. that's why I just keep my distance but he doesn't understand it" she explained

"I definitely understand, when I was with Rudy I worried every night if he would make it home safely. I still worry about him and now Kasey. He's all wrapped up in this shit. I don't even think he knows what he's gotten himself into but maybe you shouldn't think of the negative all the time" Maya told her. I just ear hustled their conversation what they were saying was real and had me a bit worried. What if something happened to me? What if something happened to Ricky? What do you do next?

"Well, you and Kasey are cute? How is the dating life? She asked. "Yeah, how's that going" I intervened. She blushed "Ahh he's so daddyish, he doesn't take no for an answer and he's been keeping me on my feet.. the only thing is he's still dating on the side" she explained.