Chapter 18

Looking at the nurse for the first time since she entered the room, I noticed she was staring right back at me. The pitiful look she gave me made me want to scream at her but then I had an idea. One that could finally end all this for me, making sure we were alone first I slowly leaned in towards her and whispered.

"I know you cannot answer me or say anything but please if there is one decent bone in your body I want you to help me. If you can't help me escape then give me something to end my life. Please, I'm begging you?" she looked away for a flick of a second before returning her eyes to mine. Leaning in ever so slightly she began wiping something on the back of my neck. With her head lowered her mouth was positioned right below my ear.

"I've been trying but they're watching my every move day and night. Even now they can see us." Just knowing she was willing to help me made me want to hug her. Keeping my expression blank just incase they could see us I tilted my head slightly just enough so I could whisper to her.

"Thank you so much for trying. I know this is a lot to ask of you but please end this for me. I don't care how but please don't make me go through anymore." Although I was only whispering I made sure she knew how desperate and sure I was. Feeling the slight nod of her head was a good enough answer for me. Relieved knowing I had someone helping me, I finally felt my body give into whatever medication she had given me.

I would never have taken my life or even thought of it because I was so happy. Right now though I was ready, ready to put an end to all the misery I'd caused everyone I loved. I won't have to wake up again to realize this was real and relive what was really happening to me over and over again. If taking my own life meant that my babies, Joshua, and my friend's lives were to be saved then so be it!

Then suddenly I began questioning my sanity, what if my death would cause more problems? I knew Joshua and the children would be heartbroken but they would get over me wouldn't they? What if Audrey took her revenge out on them? Then again she'd have to be happy I was dead, wouldn't she?

With my mind going wild with all the 'what if's' I tried to shut my brain down, which was a lot easier said than done. Especially when all I had to focus on was the four walls that surrounded me along with the makeshift bed, which resembled a plank of wood with thin cushioning.

Trying to adjust my eyes to the now darkened room I was shocked I had fallen asleep. I didn't know how long I had slept for but right at this moment, I felt better than I had in days.

Laying there I thought of the nurse. She must've managed to give me something stronger to help me sleep. She had to have because I had never fallen into such a deep sleep since the day I had been kidnapped.

Thinking of the nurse I prayed to God that she would be able to help me to escape and if not then end this for me. I knew I was asking a lot of her but what other choice did I have right now..... NONE.

The door opening had me turning in hope that it wasn't Audrey or her father or worse still some old dirty pervert coming to get an eyeful. Shuddering in a mixture of fear/disgust I had just managed to bite back a smile as the nurse entered the room.

Shutting the door behind her I took in a big lung full of air. She turned to face me holding her head down as always but the way she walked over to me I could tell something was off. Don't ask me how I knew this but I just had that dreaded feeling. Shoving all ugly thoughts aside I went with the most positive one I could come up with. Well, maybe not the option I wanted but still I would be free.

Like every other day she began placing the things, she would need to clean and redress my wounds with. Studying everything she was placing down I watched in the hope I would spot something different. Seeing the usual dressings along with painkillers and antiseptic my heart dropped. She hadn't bought anything that could end this nightmare. I was going to have to survive another day in this hell forsaken place. The sleep that had me feeling more positive dissolved along with every hope I had of dying.

I could no longer look at the nurse as deep down all I wanted to do was scream and shout at her but in reality, I knew it wasn't the poor girl's fault.

The poor woman was just doing her job and guessing by the way she whispered to me yesterday it wasn't by choice. Thinking she was in some way in the same position as me I lifted my eyes up to her and gave her a very small smile to let her know I wasn't mad at her. Being so wrapped up in my own pity only then did I notice how stressed out she looked. Her face looked paler than it ever had and believe me this girl was white. Taking more interest in her features now I had noticed not only was her skin paler but also I could spot her hands trembling as she began pouring the antiseptic onto a piece of cotton.

Cleaning my wounds and redressing them I could feel her struggling to stop her hands from shaking. My first thoughts were I had caused this. She had been caught whispering to me yesterday. Then I thought maybe they might have kidnapped her family and is threatening to kill them. My head spun with so many different motives running through my head I began to feel dizzy. Feeling my body swaying as the nurse tried to wrap the bandage around my waist her hold on me tightened enough to stop me from falling onto the floor.

Leaning in closer she whispered, "are you ok?" I was about to reply but remembered I couldn't, giving a slight nod she continued. "Tonight be ready" I wanted to squeal shout even dance with excitement, only just, did I manage to keep still and nod my response. I waited patiently for her to continue but she didn't. Before I could ask how or what was happening tonight she was back on her feet with everything in her hands. Desperate to reach out and stop her, my hand automatically shot out but before it could reach her she was out

last day or my freedom, anticipating more on my freedom I began to prepare myself the best I could for tonight.

She was good enough to risk whatever she had planned for me so I had to man up so to speak. I could move but not as fast as I would like and I knew whatever she had planned wasn't going to be easy. Although she was covering it well I could tell she was terrified which only made me more worried.

I hope you all enjoyed xxxx