A Plan For Travel

The King stands and regards Violet in the comforting circle of the Annovae.

The health aide stands guiltily looking at the floor.

The king says 'You appear to have had your first taste of thrall effects. We do not blame in this castle for things like that. Make sure you keep your skill current by training.'

He turns to leave and finds his queen at the door.

'Is that your kinswoman?'

The queen greets the King, but is inwardly surprised at how small Violet is. Gauntly thin and not at all tall.

The King walks with his Queen down the hall and confesses how he made a vow on Violet's treatments.

'I never saw someone so relieved. Full tears. Just because she could choose her own medical care. Do we really have a justification; as royalty to be that authoritative? There are no great matters of state in this. Just a wounded woman. How did it become a matter for a king to decide that right for any woman?'

The queen lifts one hand to the face of king and then moves closer. She lifts the other hand and kisses him gently. After a long and tender kiss, she rests her head on his shoulder. It becomes a firm hug that she holds a long time.

She is very happy about her position here. She has more authority here with him than with her first husband. It becomes an important goal for her. She will see if she can help allow Violet to be nearby. She might have been too quick to judge Violet. She sets off to see what she might be able to do.

The King manages to get his orders to his staff (to care for Violet and the Annovae for any food or clothing).

Royal mages give the King a report.

'Using the classic distance technique to gauge magic strength, they appear to have a score of 120.

Yes, twice what we consider to be the greatest value.

The magic spell that appears as a woman called Emme takes energy from the wearer. We have supplied a magic source to keep it stable. Your kinswoman must be very drained for wearing it for so long.

The perception filter is powerful. The wearer thinks that they are Emme.'

The Queen returns to King and says she just had a startling conversation.

'Let me show you with fingers to make the concept. These two fingers are Princess Yva in a magic suit. One finger for Yva. One finger for the suit. This finger on this hand is for the dead rogue that formed into Yva. It says at first, I am a slain person. In an exchange, it then says I am a lost princess. At castle Annovae it says I have gotten back my memories. At the castle, the slain man becomes loyal and stays devotedly.'

The Queen is holding up the hand with two fingers up and rocks them a little.

The King of the Central Kingdom nods his head.

"I think we simply must take everyone involved to the Mage's Academy. There are spells at work here beyond the skill of even the best royal mages. Spells which obscure perception of even quite rational and experienced people."

He lightly clasps the two fingers held aloft by the Queen. 'This is a most compelling observation. My Queen.'

'