Chapter 23

Chase was still gone. It was now pitch black outside and I had locked myself up in Tucker's room. I felt bad because now he had no place to go, but I was torn up and completely and utterly lost and confused. My mind was in shambles and my heart was turned inside out. So much has happened so fast I don't know how to handle it.

I know the nice Chase I saw won't be here for long. He's been gone too long, he won't just pop back into his normal life like he used to be.

My cheek resting on the window was chilly, and I could see headlights coming back up the street, but I couldn't bring myself to get up. I hope it's Chase. I hope someone went to pick him up.

In my time alone, I've come to the realization that what Matt and Mr. Yate did to me was not my fault. There was nothing I could do. Tucker is the only person I can fully depend on. I'm happy Alex moved on. And that I love Chase unconditionally with my whole heart even when he's full wolf. And there's no way I can stop. And that I will love him no matter if he ever loves me again.

My mind wondered everywhere in the big empty room. Alex. I hope he's really happy. Not in a bitchy, or condescending way. I just want him to be happy and safe wherever he his. I hope he found someone better then me. Someone to love him back and contain his wild streak that is so dangerous. I hope they have a family and I hope he gets to be some kind of leader in his new pack, he was meant for it. I just couldn't be the one to help him find that happiness, just like he couldn't help me find mine.

I let my closed eyes flutter open to see that a new car was parked in the driveway, lights off and everything.

I could hear the footsteps going up the stairs, and a knock rattles on on my door.

My breath caught in my throat and I froze in place. "Lexi?" A pause, I held my breath. "Lexi baby? Can I talk to you?" Chase's sweet voice called out, the one I've missed so much.

My feet began to move without my consent. And before I knew it the door was open and I was face to face with Chase. My heart was fluttering and I could feel my face heat up.

"Chase..." I whispered looking all over his face. My eyes scanning every inch of his face, taking in every detail of the beautiful face I've missed for so long now.

"I'm sorry baby." He wrapped his arm around me in a snug hug, one I couldn't bring myself to return. His pleas continued as he slowly dropped down to his knees begging me for forgiveness and apologizing for all that's gone on. Through his pleas I gathered that Mr. Yate was a vampire and he was now dead. I just stood there not moving, not really sure his to react. I was terrified that any moment his wolf would come back and all hell would break loose.

"Chase?" I whispered waiting for his eyes to meet mine.

His eyes snapped up to mine. And he waited quietly for me to say something.

"It's okay baby." I put my hands on both sides of his face, "It's okay. I love you." He pulled himself up off his knees and pulled me into a kiss. It was gentle and sweet, filled with the love I have been deprived of when his wolf took over. I could feel his body heat pouring into mine.

He broke away for a breath, laying his head on my chest. "I talked with my wolf..." He whispered, I dropped my hand to his hair, and ran my fingers through it. My heat quickened, worried about what his wolf wants. "Can I mark you?" My hands stopped moving and my heart picked up even more speed.

"Is right now the best time Chase?"

"I need my wolf to feel for you what I feel for you. I can't ever let that happen again. You are mine and I am yours. I love you whole heartedly. I want you to have my children, I want you to wear my mark, and I want you to be the one I see walking down the aisle. I. Love. You." His eyes were locked with mine and I could see the truth behind his words. The words I've wanted to hear for so long now. But, "Chase? Your wolf hates me... He absolutely hates me. One bite won't change that." Tears rolled silently down my face.

"That's what we talked about lex. I told him how much I love you. And I told him if he won't accept you I'm blocking him out."

"Chase!" I gasped, "You can die from blocking your wolf, don't ever say that again." I pushed him back slightly. I love him so much that I would rather have him not be with me, but alive, than to love me and die.

"That's how much I love you Lexi. I would rather die if I couldn't have you." He speckled kisses all over my neck and jawline, when his lips hit the place my mark should be I moaned out without my own control.

My knees grew weak and an aching desire ran through me, "Do it. Mark me Chase." I moaned out, "Mark what's already yours." And with that his teeth snuck into me, binding us together for eternity.

The euphoric feeling that rushed through my body was like nothing I had ever felt. Once Chase released my neck, his lips found mine. We kissed in the door way for what felt like an eternity before he whisked me away to our bedroom. His lips traveled to other places of my body we had yet to explore and I couldn't help but feel so peaceful and happy. I love him. I love him. I love him. When he pulled my clothes from my body I wasn't scared. I was his. When he looked my naked body over, I wasn't worried about him leaving me or being disgusted. I knew he loved me. Chase's fingers traveled inside me and brought me a high I had never experienced. His lips left mine for a split second and asked "Is this okay? Tell me if you're not okay and we will stop." I just shook my head and brought his face back down to mine. I unbuckled his pants, and tried to pull them down without breaking our kiss. He pulled away again like he was going to ask me something.

"Make love to me Chase. No more questions."

And with that he did.

THE END