Chapter 8

THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT YET BEEN EDITED!!

Lexi's POV

Sleep wasn't going to come. I came to this realization at around 2:30 in the morning. Most everyone else was asleep in one of the many pack bedrooms, but not me.

I paced impatiently back and forth the front hallway. Are they okay? Why hasn't anyone come back yet? I picked at my nails, as I paced. Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth. What if he's hurt? Back and forth. What if they lost? Back and forth. What will I do? Back and forth. I'll have no one. Back and forth. I heard the front door creak. I turned and sprinted to it.

Standing at the door was Connor. Blood gushed from his chest. His eyes screamed pain, and his limp walk told me he was hurt more than I could ever imagine.

"Oh my God, Connor!" I rushed to his side to help him walk. He groaned in pain as I wrapped my arm around his waist. "It'll be okay." I mumbled, my heart logged in my throat. It was probably more for my benefit than his. My mind was screaming in a panic stricken state, but I had to help Connor before I broke down.

"He's fine..." His horse voice cracked. His pain filled eyes met mine, and I could feel my lips part, unsure what to say.

I looked up into his eyes. I didn't need to ask who, I already knew. My body flooded with relieve. But was quickly replaced by panic again when I remembered the situation I am in. "You will be too."

"The silver went to my chest. It will spread to my heart in no time. I'm dead... I'm.. " he coughed roughly. Blood coats his lips. "I'm dead by morning." I grabbed a tissue off the coffee table and wiped the blood from his mouth.

Tears slipped down my eyes. "Did you find your mate yet?" I wiped away my tears quickly. He didn't need me falling apart while he needed help.

"No. I think the world planed it that way." He tried to give me a small smile, but his lips didn't even turn upwards, and my heart ached for him even more. At least his mate won't feel this pain.

"Here lay down." I gently helped him fully lay down in the sofa. Sitting down on the floor next to him, I held his hand. "Just relax... You'll be fine." I tried to convinced in, and myself.

"Stay with Chase, Lexi. He hasn't been this happy in a while." He closed his eyes. I knew he wasn't dead by his even breaths. I used my thumb to rub his hand, keeping it tightly gripped in my own. With his eyes closed, I let my tears fall.

"I promise..." I whispered. Then even more tears came. I cried while holding Connors hand for what felt like years. Praying he was comfortable. He didn't deserve a painful death. Eventually his breathing stopped completely...

"I'm so sorry Connor... I'm sooo sorry..." I cried into his chest.

My sobbed were loud, and uncontrollable. I head a nearby door creak, and Sally's scent wafted into the room.

"Come here dear." Her gentle voice told me. I felt her small hands rub circles in my back. "It'll be okay." I stood up and fell into her hug. Tears were still streaming down my face. My heart hurt so much from the loss of two good men. He died while I held his hand. He was barley 19, far too young for death. It's unfair.

"I can't stand not knowing!" I cried. Unable to stop myself from voicing my concern. "I want to become officially apart of the pack so I can mind link!"

"Of course darling, but they block everyone during fights." I buried my head into her shoulder, crying more and more.

"Why would they do that? I have to know if he's safe! I... I love him!" I gasped at my own words. I froze in the Luna's arms.