one-shot; the lonely star

In the galaxy of Aurora, on the planet Blax, in the year of 4057, lives 16 year-old Fenna. Fenna was always a cheerful girl, her long, dark green hair was always pulled into a tight ponytail, and her pale, light blue skin was always glowing with health. She was five feet tall, which was considered tall for her age and species, and her smile never seemed to break or lose its warmth. There was only one idea that could break it, and that was losing her parents.
Fenna lost her parents to a fatal ship malfunction, as they were ship captains, very great ones in fact, and they were everything to her, considering she admired them so much she wanted to become a ship captain herself. The loss was such a blow to her, she isolated herself from her friends and started to focus only on school, feeling that even if her heart disagrees, she needs to make sure that her parents would of been proud of her, and collecting pity from people would be shameful to the family name.
So on Fenna went, walking through the school halls silently while she heard the drone of chatter from all around. Though she couldn't understand why, her heart felt hollow, as if all the love had vanished, never being replaced.
As she walked, with her hair draped around her like a hood, she heard people whispering about her. Most were the usual of "she's so ungrateful", "she probably thinks she is better than everyone else", and "what a know-it-all", with the occasional "poor her, did you know her parents died?" thrown in there. She ignored it the best she could, and instead of slouching with each comment she would straighten her back and put her head up, to be able to retain her self-esteem.
Despite the task being somewhat impossible, Fenna took a large multitude of classes, in hopes of graduating at the top of her class and a full scholarship to study with the best ship captain her planet had ever seen.
Because of this aspiration, many people would ask to help Fenna with her studies or carrying her books, but she didn't accept any help, because she wanted to do it all herself. The fear of failing was always with her, as it kept silently taunting her every time she thought of if her parents would be proud of her or not, but still, to accept help would be depending on someone, and Fenna did not want to depend on anyone but herself.
Classes were now over so Fenna walked through the main doors of her school and started walking through a slight sprinkling of rain to her empty house. A rainbow of students around her were running to catch up with their friends. As her feet slightly splashed with each step she took, she started thinking about what it would be like to have a friend again. As soon as the thought reached her senses she could already feel the temptation of having someone to be able to depend on, but quickly dismissed the thought as foolish and naive.
Finally home, Fenna hung up her backpack and started to make dinner. She decided on an Earth dish called Macaroni and Cheese, as it was her favorite food at the moment. As she cooked, a feeling of delight washed over her and her stress began to melt away. The delicious smell reached her nostrils and she hummed in enjoyment.
A few hours later Fenna had eaten her dinner, finished all her homework, and collapsed in bed from being exhausted from her day. As she fell into her dreams she still felt temptation to have someone to depend on, but shoved it away from her mind the best she could in her tired state.
The next morning, after she had eaten and gotten ready, Fenna had walked to school and was walking to her first class. While she was walking all of a sudden she felt something bump into her, and all her books fell out of her arms from the force. Turning around to look at the face of the person who bumped into her, she was surprised to see a gorgeous, innocent looking girl with light pink skin and blonde hair staring at her, mouth agape.
"I'm so sorry!" the girl exclaimed.
"Watch where you're going, yeah?" Fenna uncertainly asked. She tried her best to sound threatening, but for some reason she couldn't bear to actually say something threatening to this girl. Her heart was beating fast and all she could do was bend down to pick up her books, feeling too embarrassed to look this beautiful girl in the eyes.
"Yeah! Please, let me help you!" she insisted.
"No thanks, I can pick them up myself" Fenna somewhat snapped.
"Are you sure? It's no prob-"
"I said, I can pick them up myself" Fenna interrupted.
With a confused and taken aback look on the girl's face she slowly walked backwards.
"Again, sorry. By the way, my name's Kaetla. See you around!" the girl, now known as Kaetla, stammered. And with that, Kaetla sprinted to her class, leaving Fenna alone in the hallway.
What a weird girl Fenna thought. Why is my face so red? Ugh, better run to class so I'm not late. Fenna hoped that would be the last she saw of Kaetla, but her hopes were too high to come true, it seems.
The day had finished and she was packing up her belongings for the night's homework, when she, again, dropped something and was about to pick it up when from behind she heard a familiar voice from behind her.
"I know you'll probably say no, but do you need any help?" Kaetla timidly asked.
Looking up at Kaetla, Fenna's heart immediately started beating fast and her face turned red.
"Uh, no, I d-don't need your help" Fenna stuttered, trying her best to keep her attitude.
"Are you okay?" Kaetla asked, concerned.
"I'm f-fine, just, go away" Fenna responded, looking down.
"You know, you're never gonna make any friends with that attitude!" Kaetla exclaimed, getting slightly frustrated.
"I don't need friends! I'm fine by myself!" Fenna yelled. As soon as she said that she felt a large lump in her throat, and her eyes started to burn.
"I don't need anyone! What I need is to make them proud! To make them proud-" Fenna yelled before the emotion totally took over, causing her to collapse in a sobbing mess, letting out all the emotion she had been keeping in.
Kaetla stood there, stunned, unable to process what was going on, so instead of trying to process it, she went over to Fenna and pulled her into a tight hug.
"Shh, it's okay, just let it all out" Kaetla whispered soothingly.
A few minutes later the sobbing had ceased, and Fenna looked up at Kaetla to see a genuinely concerned face.
"Are you okay?" Kaetla whispered.
"I think I am now" Fenna responded.
"If you ever need something I'm here, okay?"
"Yeah" Fenna mumbled.
Fenna's face was flushed, her heart beating as fast as the wings of a butterfly. Her feelings suddenly took over, and in a leap of faith, Fenna kissed Kaetla.
Kaetla was shocked, but then slowly eased into the kiss. Pulling away after a few seconds, Kaetla looked at Fenna and sincerely declared,
"You're never going to be lonely again, my star".

written by ShadowedViolet