Chapter 1

Vampires gather around Renesmee being shown our- I mean her birth. I wish they would ask me about it once in awhile...

Maybe if I had a more interesting gift they would talk to me more, but no! I had to be 'gifted' with a stupid mental shield. I can't extend it, I can't send images through it, I can't even block physical attacks! But I guess it's kind of cool that if someone tries to mentally hurt me they have an unbearable aneurism, which is basically when a blood vessel pops in your head.

I can't say I don't love my sister because Renesmee is the most amazing person I've met so far in my life, I just really wish the rest of the family would look at me the way they look at her. I wish they would see me as Renesmee's equal rather than the mistake that came after her. Rather than a monster...

I use to wish I could be more like her, but then I realized that if I try to to change myself into someone else then I will never know what would have happened if I had stayed me. I don't know, it's just a theory that I don't quite know how to explain yet.

The snow has begun to stick, Alice wrote that 'they', as in the Volturi, would come then. We are camping now and the rest of the family have discovered that the Volturi will be here tomorrow.

Renesmee and Bella are already in the tent 'saying goodbye' in case there is a battle soon. Seth says he and
Leah won't let anyone hurt me so if there is a battle Seth will take me away like Jacob will for Renesmee. But hopefully it doesn't come to that.

The next morning

"The redcoats are coming, the redcoats are coming..." Garrett mutters uneasily. Great way to comfort everyone.

Snow crunches with every step the Volturi take igniting a pit of fear in my belly although I feel a little ease as Seth and Leah come to my side.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we use to in a civilized manner." Carlisle spoke stepping forward.

"Fair words Carlisle, but a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us." Aro responded.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken."

"We see the children, do not treat us as fools!" Cauis angrily interrupted.

"They are not immortals! These witnesses can attest to that or you can look. See the flush of human blood in their cheeks-"

"Artifice!" Cauis once again interrupts.

"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone more central to the story, Edward. As the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved."

Edweird slowly walks to the Volturi allowing Aro a free pass into his thoughts.

"I'd like to meet them."

Renesmee quickly grabs my hand as she and Bella begin to walk towards the people who want to kill us. I can't move, I'm frozen in fear. There is a small tug from my twins hand and I begin to walk only just realising how long we were standing there because of me. Emmett and Jacob are trailing next to us for 'protection' not that they could do much against the whole Volturi clan.

As we stop my eyes meet the most wonderful pair of burgundy eyes I have ever seen. I can't look away, I can't hear anything other than my quickened heartbeat.

"-ara. Amara! We're going back now." Renesmee whispered urgently as I snapped back into reality for a short time anyway because as soon as I turn back around my eyes once again snap to the mesmerizing eyes of a Volturi.

"Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight today." Aro looked at Alice and Bella muttering "what a prize..."

Just like that the Volturi guard vanished, leaving no traces that they were ever here. For a second I wondered if them coming was in my imagination, if the dark haired boy was in my imagination, but my... Family... Brought me back to reality.

"We are so glad your safe! I don't know what I would have done if anyone had hurt you Renesmee."

My stomache twists in knots and my eyes begin to sting.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Just be happy your safe, Renesmee's safe. Don't cry.

"You okay, Mara?" my tears suddenly vanish.

"I'm great, Gare-bear!" I cheer with a fake grin. "We're alive!"

"Yeah we are." Garrett chuckles. "Yeah we are..."

................................................................................................................................................................

Make sure to,

VOTE...

COMMENT...

AND SUBSCRIBE...