💝Chapter 2💝

"I... what...?"

"Now we have to find somewhere else to go andddd... weeelll.. your bun-"

"No." He walked foward, a serious expression on his face.

"Wait so that's a no-"

"I'm gonna rescue her."

Suki's eyes widened.

"Erm, you? Really? She wouldn't want to be saved by a grey troll." Creek chuckled.

"Well at least, I'm actually making an effort to save her." Branch crossed his arms.

"You'll just get snatched up by a bergen as well bud." He shrugs.

"Wow. You're really a Knight, but you can't be even bothered to stand up to a bergen? What a shame."

"Why you little-"

"Ohhkayyyy calm it down." Guy Diamond interrupted, keeping Creek away from Branch as he growled.

Branch just sighed.

"Everyone stay in my bunker until I get back! You'll all be safe in there. I don't know how long I'll be, but I'll try my best to get back as fast as I can."

Hearing that, the trolls of troll village murmured to each other as they climbed safely into Branch's bunker.

Peppy walked up to Branch, causing him to look at him.

"Branch, I know we don't know each other that well, but I know you know my daughter well. And she knows you well."

Branch stood quiet, listening to what he had to say.

Peppy carefully took his hand and patted it. "I'm putting my trust in you. I'm confident you'll be able to bring my daughter back. Promise me you'll bring her home safe, as well as yourself?"

Branch nodded once.

"Yes King Pe-"

"My son, just call me Peppy." He chuckled and patted his shoulder.

"Uh, okay. I'll do what I can Peppy."

I'm not losing her, I WON'T lose her... she means way too much to me..

"Well off you go then. I have faith in you." He patted his shoulder one more time.

And for the first time in a while, he smiled, justtttt a tiny bit. It quickly went away afterwards.

Branch held onto his bag and started his long but dangerous journey to bergen town.

In the back he could hear trolls telling him "Bye Branch!" or "Good luck Branch!".

Hearing that sent more determination inside of him, and he was officially headed to save Poppy.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Poppy woke up in a dark place, but it kinda felt like fabric around. She also felt movement, like walking.

She looked up and saw a teeny bit of light. She got up and tried opening it more so she could see where she was, finding out what was revealing the light was a zipper. Chef had probably put her into a fanny pack.

Gristle was staring down in his chair impatiently then looked up to see Chef.

"Finally you're back!"

"I apologize sir for the wait. These trolls are really difficult."

"Mhm. So you got the whole village, right?"