💝Chapter 11💝

The Bergen finally made it to Bergen Town after twenty minutes or so, making sure to keep every troll he had in his bags secure.

As he arrived to the castle, he shoved the front doors open and went to go look for where Chef was, bumping into King Gristle accidentally.

"Watch where you're walking!" He poked him in the stomach roughly, since you know, he was shorter than him and all of the other guards.

"Apologies sir, have you seen Chef anywhere?" He bowed before asking about Chef's whereabouts.

"She's somewhere. I don't know where she went. What do you want with her?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I-I just need to show her something, that's all."

"Show her what?" Gristle looked down at the bags he was holding and grew even more curious.

"What is that you're holding? Give it to me!" He snatched the bags from him, "No funny business shall be done behind my back!"

"Erm-"

Once he opened one of the bags, his eyes widened at what he saw.

It was all- well, some of the trolls, from the village.

"You.." He looked in the other bag to find more of them, "you found them all.."

All the guard did was give a nervous toothy smile.

"You really found them! T-This is amazing!" Gristle practically jumped up and down with the bags, his joy blocking out the small yelps of surprise in the bags.

"Haha, yeah well-"

"Found what, now?"

The two turned their heads hearing a feminine voice from a few feet away. They could see Chef walking up to them.

"Sorry about my absence, had to take care of a few things. Now what did I miss?" She crossed her arms.

"This, is what you missed!" He opened the bags wide enough so she could see inside.

As expected, she looked inside and was astonished at the sight.

"You got all of them, and didn't miss one! Hm, I guess you guards aren't so brain-dead like I always thought you were." Chef smirked.

"Why thank you Che- hey!"

Chef turned to Gristle.

"I'll just be taking these from you sire." Her smirk grew maliciously wider as she grabbed the bags from him.

"Make sure they don't escape this time! I'm hereby declaring our trollstice after many years tonight!" Gristle clapped his hands together.

It was unbearable how much wider Chef's smirk had grown, almost wide as the grinch's.

Even it made Gristle a bit uneasy, but he just decided to ignore and assumed she was just as excited as he was.

"Welp, I gotta go spread the word to my fellow citizens and start getting things set up! Toodles!" Gristle hopped away, humming a random tune.

"You do that little boy, you do that." Chef mumbled as he hopped away, afterwards turning her attention to the guard.

"Go get me the biggest but most secure cage you can find. We've gotten this far and we are NOT letting these pests get away from our grasp again. Once you find it meet me in the kitchen."

The guard immediately nodded and ran off to go find her the "biggest but most secure" cage for her.

Watching him leave, she turned around and kept her grip on the bags while walking to the kitchen.