💝Epilogue💝

A few years later...

"And that's how Queen Poppy and her knight in shining armor, Branch, brought the Bergens and trolls together in harmony!" Poppy closed the scrapbook she was presenting, and all of the trollings in front of her cheered.

Branch was sitting next to her, failing to remove the smile from his face. Not that he wanted to, anyway. Poppy had asked him if he wanted to join her in telling stories with the trollings, and he couldn't just say no.

Then, one troll raised their hand.

"Yes Lola?" Poppy smiled at her.

"No, I have to ask Branch a question!" She said.

"Oh, me? Uh a-alright." Branch shuffled a bit in his seat, putting one hand over another in his lap.

"Is it true you want to marry queen Poppy?" Lola asked him dreamily.

"Huh?!" Branch's ears perked up immediately after hearing such a question, but Poppy, on the other hand, was intrigued.

"I mean.. you guys are together and all! Right?" Lola asked again, now some of the other trollings began to look intrigued as well.

"W-Well, yeah, but-"

"Then marry her!"

"I uh-"

"Pleeeaaasseeeee?" The trollings asked in plead.

Branch began sweating. He didn't know how to respond to any of this.

Poppy noticed how he was looking and turned to the trollings.

"Okay guys, let's not put pressure onto Branch about this. We'll talk about it privately, but for now, let's just keep on the low." She quieted them.

The trollings looked at each other, some with disappointed expressions, but then they nodded.

"Great! Scrapbook stories are over, you can all go home now." Poppy smiled at them.

"Bye Queen Poppy, bye Branch!" The little trolls giggled and ran out of the pod, playing with each other as they did.

Poppy watched them leave then turned her attention to Branch, who still looked uncomfortable.

"Heyy, you okay?" She patted his shoulder.

"Huh? Oh, oh yeah I'm good, never been better." Branch nervously smiled, hiding the anxiety behind that smile.

Poppy sighed and grabbed both of his shoulders.

"Branch, look, they're just kids. Don't let them make you feel like you have to make certain choices. I understand completely if you're not ready to get married right now.. or ever. Whatever you want to do, I'll be fine with it, I promise."

"No!" Branch all of a sudden blurted out, quickly covering his mouth afterwards.

Poppy blinked in confusion, not taking her eyes off of him.

"No?" She repeated.

"I mean.. um.. thanks Poppy, but, I, um.. I gotta do some stuff now. We'll talk more about this later, I promise. See ya!" The blue troll quickly ran off, out of sight.

Poppy sighed, hardly even saying anything back.

"See ya."

•°○♡♡♡♡♡♡○°•

The bright blue troll walked back and forth in his bunker, tapping his chin repeatedly, one hand holding a notepad.

"Poppy, will you.. no. Poppy, I was gonna ask.. no. Poppy, I'm- ARGH!"