CHAPTER FIFTY (Part Two)

Yasir sat still, a pained expression on his face as he listened to his Akhi cry his heart out. He had broken down right from the moment they had stepped in to the room and Yasir had just let him be because he knew that his brother needed to let it all out.

He needed to cry it all out...for whatever reason he was crying for.

"Akhi?" he called out sadly the minute he felt that his brother had slightly calmed down.

"Yes little bro?"

"I am hurt."

"Where?" asked Hisham immediately, a concerned look all over his face.

"Here Akhi, it hurts right here," said Yasir as he pointed to his heart and Hisham quickly looked down at his hands, a guilty expression on his face.

"I am sorry Yasir."

"You better be Akhi. You better be because you have really really hurt me deeply. I thought we were brothers. Brothers who shared a strong bond. Brothers who shared everything with each other. Brothers who looked out for each other but then maybe, I thought wrong."

"No Yasir, its not like that. We are brothers. The best brothers..."

"Best brothers' do not hide stuff from each other Akhi."

"I...I...I am very sorry Yasir," he whispered, tears still continuously streaming down his face.

"If you really are sorry, then tell me what happened."

"You will hate me Yasir."

"I can never hate you Akhi. Even if the whole world hates you and is against you, just know that your little brother here, will always love you and will always and I mean always stand by you. Never forget that Akhi.

"Its all too complicated Yasir."

"Well then I am here to help you solve the complicated, even if it takes the whole night. Just tell me Akhi, what happened? What happened between you and Zulekha?"

"I...I...," began Hisham but then he gasped and Yasir quickly placed his hand on his brother's shoulder in a bid to comfort him.

"Let it out Akhi. Just let it all out," said Yasir his eyes too stained with tears.

He had never seen this side of his Akh ever before. As much as his brother had always been an emotional man, he had never cried like this. Never. It was almost as if he had lost someone very dear to him. Was that someone dear, Zulekha? Was he crying because of his wife? But he hadn't lost her, had he?

"Akhi, what happened between you and Zulekha?" he patiently asked once again.

"I am one horrible man Yasir. I am one disgusting hell of a man. I put our whole family name to shame. I...I..."

"You hit her."

"Yes I did," whispered Hisham guiltily.

"You shouldn't have."

"I know."

Yasir rubbed his hand over his tired face as a memory from their childhood came flooding back.

Flashback...

"Hisham! What is that in your hands?" asked Mama sternly.

"Can't you see Mama? Its a beautiful cat."

"Okay and what is it doing in my house and that too on the dining table?"

"Its hungry and so its going to eat."

"On the dining table?"

"Of course! Where else would it eat from Mama?"

"From the floor!"