Chapter 13

Fun fact; I wrote both this chapter and the previous chapter in third person and had to re-write them.

SURPRISE!!! I felt like updating early xx

×

"Zayn?!"

Veronica-- or, I guess, Zayn-- whips around, a mixture of fear and shock present in his eyes.

"Mr. Tomlinson, I-I can explain!" He stammers, stepping away from the sink and tripping over his feet. I just stand there in the doorway, my hand placed over my mouth as I regret my sudden outburst. Of course I had to go and expose myself again! Now I'll have to tell Zayn about my identity... unless, he didn't notice?

"Wait..." Of course he noticed. "How did you know my name?" Zayn asks, tilting his head at me curiously. I stare at the floor, watching my shoes intensely. I shuffle my feet against the tile. There was no possible way I could lie myself out of this one. I absolutely have to tell Zayn the truth.

Well, I could probably think of an excuse, but the longer I stand here silently, the more suspicious I seem.

"Come on," I sigh, opening the bathroom door and exiting the room, making sure to hold it open for Zayn to follow. I decide that I need to sit down and tell Zayn everything, and I'm not about to sit on the disgusting bathroom floor, so.

Zayn puts his glasses back on his nose and quickly fixes his wig in the mirror, then follows me out of the room. A blonde lady walks by and gives us a weird look, but I ignore her and lead Zayn down the hall and out of the building. We sit on the metal bench by the wall. Zayn sits quietly and patiently, waiting for me to explain myself. I take a deep breath, and begin my explanation.

"I have a secret fan account." I start, staring at the cement below me. I glance over to Zayn to see his reaction.

"I know, I saw the tweet." Zayn says, his eyes suddenly widening in shock. "So, it's really true?!"

I grimly nod my head and pull my phone out of my pocket, opening Twitter.

"Wait, what's your username?! I'll follow you! I won't tell anyone, I promise!" Zayn's eyes gleam with excitement and he also takes out his phone, quickly putting in the password (and failing twice).

"Uhm, you already follow me." Louis says sheepishly.

"Really?!" Zayn exclaims. A giant smile appears on his face and he flails his arms around by his side.

"Yeah." I say, taking another deep breath. "Uh, I knew your name because you've told me it before."

Zayn makes a confused face, and opens his mouth to say something, but I don't give him a chance to speak.

"I recognized you because you've sent pictures to the group chat." I say quietly, looking up to meet Zayn's eyes. His mouth drops open.

"Wait-- does that mean you're--"

"William. Pastellouis. Yeah." I say bleakly, looking away and holding my head in my hands.

"Oh my god." Zayn says quickly. He continues to stare at me with his mouth open, looking kind of like a fish, which I chuckle at quietly. "Oh my god!"

I look up at him and give him a grim smile.

"That's why you never sent a-- oh my god." Zayn grips his hair, trying to process the new information. "Wait, I've cussed at you, oh my god. I'm so sorry!"

He looks as if he's about to burst into tears at any second.

"Hey, I've cussed at you too."

"Yeah, but that's different. It's an honor to be cussed at by Louis Tomlinson."

I laugh and roll my eyes, smiling over at Zayn. He bites his lower lip and looks away.

We sit in silence for a while. I guess Zayn needs more time to process the fact that I've been secretly texting him for around a year now.

"So, uh, you cross-dress?" I ask, looking at him curiously. Zayn's face flushes red and he stares at the ground.

"Uh, yeah." He laughs quietly.

"I wasn't aware."

"No one knows, not even Liam. Well, I guess you know now."

"I guess so." I lean agaisnt the back of the bench. "Congratulations on the job you never told me you were getting, by the way."

"Oh, um, thanks. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't think I'd get the job." Zayn explains apologetically. I nod.

"Makes sense," I say, standing up. "Let's head back inside?"

"Okay. I still have to get your tea." Zayn quickly enters the building through the door that I held open for him, disappearing down a hallway. I sigh and make my way back to the recording studio, picking up my songbook and looking over the words again. A smile forms on my face as the right words come to mind. I write them down and close my book again.

×

I like this chapter

Hi guyssss

I got a new haircut it's pretty sweet

If you found any mistakes, please tell me so I can fix it!

My love always,
Shelby x

instagram: @rainbowlouuu