CH37: Experiment 101

Gokudera Hayato knew that he had the devil's luck.

He had managed to survive about five years out on the streets, often taking dangerous jobs. He earned his name - Smoking Bomb Hayato. And eventually, he found his place as a loyal storm with a certain brunet.

But even with his luck, he knew that this shouldn't have been possible.

Everything, from the injuries to the pain- everything was gone. He knew it was a powerful dose of harmony that came from Tsuna, but even then...

Gokudera sat up, emerald eyes flickering with emotion.

Tsuna was a sky, and not a sun. It shouldn't be possible. So why on earth did Tsuna's sky flames have sun flames' properties?

And then he saw it.

An angel.

Two white wings, mixed in with a few black feathers, on Tsuna's back. And not just any wings, they looked like angel wings.

The power around the brunet was palpable, filled with so much pressure and harmony.

"W-What's going on here? What's wrong with Tsuna?" A new voice was heard.

Gokudera and Mukuro promptly turned around, but Hibari kept his eyes on the boy. "T-Tsuna-sama... H-He, I don't know." The silveret admitted, meeting Takeshi's hazel eyes.

Yamamoto's gaze darkened, cheery smile nowhere to be found. "Haha, what do you mean by that, Gokudera?"

The bomber twitched, catching the dark undertone of the seemingly-harmless comment.

He heard it - The accusations. Yamamoto thought that he had caused Tsuna to become like that in the first place.

A twitch.

"I MEAN THAT I WAS UNCONSCIOUS AND BLEEDING ON THE FLOOR UNTIL JUST A MINUTE AGO, YOU IDIOT! TSUNA-SAMA HEALED ME!"

Another twitch.

"Oh."

Yamamoto seemed to slump, smile grim as he apologised sincerely to Gokudera. "S-Sorry, Gokudera. I got too carried away-"

"Yamamoto-san?"

Everyone flinched.

The boy with fluffly brunet hair and amber eyes turned and faced right at them. "Please be quiet."

Yamamoto blinked as several others recoiled back in shock.

"A-Ah... Hai, of course. S-Sorry, Tsuna."

Tsuna did not reply.

Hibari's eyes narrowed. "Tch." He faced the crowding herbivores, but did not make any moves to 'bite them to death.'

"Something is wrong with the Usagi."

Everyone frowned, even Reborn let a tiny scowl cross his usually emotionless face.

"The Usagi is... not in control." He continued reluctantly, careful eyes scanning the boy. The occasional twitch in his fingers, the slight tilting of head when asking a question - None of these small ticks that made Sawada Tsunayoshi....himself, were there.

Hibari continued to observe.

The brunet's eyes were also glazed over, lacking any signs of its usual glow and his actions were stiff and robotic - as if he were being programmed to move that way.

Hibari felt ice settle in his stomach, making it churn in worry.

Something was wrong with his Tsuna, but he would fix it.