Chapter Twenty-Eight: His Perfect Revenge

(Ian’s POV)

            “Hey, Jones, you coming or what?”

            I smiled to myself and waved off James. “Nah. I’m going with my girlfriend.”

            James shook his head at me, amused. “Ever since you went out with Coach Vince’s sister, you never had time for your bros in the football field.”

            “Well, my girlfriend is more important than you all.”

            He rolled his eyes at me. “Whatever, suit yourself. If you ever need me, I’m in Keith’s house, partying!”

            I laughed. “Yeah, yeah. But let me assure you, I’m not going there.”

            I gave one last wave to James and left the locker room. I grabbed my phone from inside my pockets and checked the messages. There was a message from Victoria saying, I’m in the library if you need me.

            I smiled tenderly and dialed her number. I placed my phone on my right ear and listened to the continuous ringing. After a few seconds, it brought me to her voicemail. I frowned and disconnected. Weird. Victoria always answers my calls.

            I shrugged. Maybe because she’s in the library, reading. She always preoccupy herself reading, that girl. A small smile appeared on my lips as I thought about my girlfriend.

            Heaving one last sigh, I made my way to the library.

            My life ever since Victoria agreed to be my girlfriend was perfect. Everything is just perfect. I thought I’d never love again. I thought that I would never move on from Patricia. But it wasn’t true love when I loved Patricia. That kind of love is called puppy love, which is nothing but some small feelings. But with Victoria… this is the real thing. She’s the real deal.

            Victoria is everything that I need. She’s like my oxygen and water. I couldn’t live with her and I’d die when she’s not with me. Yeah, I know. I sound like a total Shakespeare just thinking of these thoughts.

            Anyway, I arrived at the library but was surprised to see it already close. I frowned at it but just went in anyway.

            “Hey! You there!”

            I sighed and turned to the direction that called my attention. A middle-aged woman was glaring at me, both her hands planted on her hips. I smiled innocently at her. “Yes, ma’am?”

            “What do you think you’re doing here? Have you read the sign on the door? It say’s Close.”

            “Um, I know. But—.”

            “No buts! I don’t give a damn why a guy like you is here but I want you to leave my library—now!”

            “I was looking for my girlfriend.”

            The librarian narrowed her eyes at me. “Your girlfriend? My boy, this is the library.

            “Yeah, I know. My girlfriend told me that she was staying at her.”

            “Well, no one is here. So you better leave now.”

            I frowned. “What? But she said—.”