Eyes like yours

The plane ride to Florence was long. The tension in the air surrounding the three of us was so high I believed it to be visible even to a human eye.

Alice sat motionless for a long time, occasionally giving Bella and me some snippets of information, before going inside her mind again.

The human was nervous, and no matter how hard I've tried to distract her, I believe to have failed in that task spectacularly. I knew she was trying, but the girl couldn't even stay conscious, much less positive.

The small mercy was bestowed upon us when Alice saw that the Kings didn't wish to execute Edward.

I smiled as I imagined how will Edward react to the news, his lack of patience and authority issues are sure to inspire a very colorful response. One part of me was amused by the idea, but the other was scared. For if his mouth, or thoughts turn to be too disrespectful, the Kings might decide to kill him on spot. They were known for swift punishment when their authority was questioned.

Alice was explaining her gift to Bella, strange for me to suddenly address the girl by her name when I've spent so long calling her mortal or human, when the question of her mortality was raised.

"Honestly, I think it's all gotten beyond ridiculous. I'm debating whether to change you myself. " Alice said to the human who looked at her like she announced that Christmas is about to come early.

"Did I scare you? I thought that's what you wanted?" my sister asked worriedly.

"You didn't scare her Ali, she's just surprised. " I smiled.

If Alice was willing to change the girl it would be so much easier for all of us. Bella has proven herself even to me, Edward, the melodramatic child he is, adores her, and our family is always open for more members.

It was a win win situation, but when I suggested it months ago, Edward was quick to silence me.

I watched as Bella tried to convince Alice to change her immediately, and how my sister tried to reason with the excited girl without drawing attention.

Hours later, we landed in Florence and Alice finally notified us about Edward's decision. The little brat wanted to walk out in the sun. I loved my brother I truly did but he was a melodramatic, masochistic boy who has lost the little brain he had when he fell for Isabella Swan.

Our next vehicle was found by Alice who borrowed it from someone. She was driving enormously fast, the little yellow car racing it's very limit while she drove. When we realized what day it was, I laughed my venom out.

Edward wanted to expose our existence on Saint Marcus day. Oh, the irony was beautiful. And just when I thought he couldn't get any more dramatic, he decided to step out in the sun in the middle of the city, at noon, on the day when, as the humans believe, Saint Marcus of the Volturi drove vampires out of Volterra. Oh, my brother was truly a piece of art.

A breath of awe left me as we finally came to Volterra. The city is beautiful, no, magnificent.

I could see now why our Kings decided to rule from here. It was mesmerizing and completely different than the rest of the world, as if it was the one place on this planed not touched by the modern day life and architecture, still clinging to the past.

When we got as far as we could, Bella jumped out of the car and run as fast as she could. Pretty soon I lost her in the sea of red.

Alice and I quickly drove ourselves to a secluded area where the sun didn't shine, before covering ourselves in fabric.

"Seriously Apy?" Alice asked when she saw me putting on a red coat.

"It's Saint Marcus day, gotta stay fashionable. " I teased and saw Alice relax slightly.