Welcome to your life

The world stood still, and somehow everything seemed to snap back in place. Nothing mattered except those bottomless pits of fire that shined protectively down at me, beneath the crown of snowy blonde hair.

I felt things I've never thought possible. It was fire and ice and happiness and light and complete freedom. It was divine.

His hand rose towards me, an invitation and a request, an order I was unable to disobey.

When I put my hands in his, I didn't feel the cold our kind excludes, no, I felt the warmth. I felt him. 

"Well this is certainly unexpected. " Aro's feathery voice said. When I managed to avert my eyes from the God that stood in front of me, I saw a look of absolute ecstasy on his face. He looked like a cat who somehow got the biggest can of milk.

"Aro. " the man in front of me hissed.

"Now now brother, I mean her no harm." Ari said, innocently rising his hands in surrender.

"She stays. " the blonde, who I just recognized as King Caius ordered.

"Of course, Caius. Separating mates is fate worse than death. I'd never play with that, especially when it comes to my brother. " Aro reassured him.

Caius looked him up and down, staring in his eyes for a moment longer before nodding. Suddenly he picked me up and walked us to his throne, siting down and pulling me in his lap, all in one graceful movement.

His hands were lied possessively at my waist, and I found myself not minding the contact at all. In fact, I relished in it.

I knew why I was acting the way I was, why I was so dissatisfied with my life and eager to go into this room. Caius Volturi, the most ruthless vampire king is my mate. I should be scared of him, but oddly enough, the only thing I could feel is comfort.

It explained my extreme mood swings when I was not in Jasper's presence. My brother was soothing the mating bond that recognized both of us as vampires and ready for one another, but still unable to meet. The strong feeling of relentlessness and disappointment in every place I visited weren't coming from the land itself nor from the company I was in, but from the fact that I have not yet met my mate.

In my mind, I knew it was wrong, I knew who he was, his reputation preceding him, I knew he was the enemy in that very moment, but the rest of my being was simply disgusted by the very idea of my mate and I being on different side. Nothing mattered except him. It was so selfish, and oh so liberating.

I was well aware that after the first few hours his and my mind will clear, and we will just then start to act normal, not feeling the extreme need to please one another, but for now depending on our sense of touch to realise we were actually there, together.

It was Aro who broke me away from my thoughts.

"Alright, now let us hear the story. " he sang in his feathery voice as he turned towards my family.

I looked at them, Alice's knowing little smile making me realize that she has already saw this happening, Edward looking at her, than me like we've lost our minds.

"Edward please, stop glaring at me. It's Alice who failed to inform us of this development."

"That doesn't change the fact that your true mate is a Volturi King. "

"Guys stop it. Apate, stay put, pulling away from Caius now would have unfavorable consequences. Edward, concentrate on the task at hand. Aro!" Alice cut in.

But it seemed that this time around fate has been gentle towards us, for during our conversation, King Aro was in one of his own, reading King Marcus' thoughts.