aarti-aadhira talk+cooking contest

that day:

school:

om entered the preschool but only showed himself to munni once aadhira left. as soon as aadhira left, he showed his face to munni.

munni: long hair!

om: no it's daddy.

munni: we see!

om: today munni, we are going to win. no matter what!

munni: pakka?

om: pakka.

he kisses her hand and then the teacher asks all parents and kids to go in the hall.

hall:

teacher: so here we have eggs, flour, nutella, milk, nuts, vegatables. you have to make something using the ingredients we have here. however you don't have to use all of ingredients. so one...two...three!

she starts her stopwatch and the contest began.

munni: so long hair, what we make?

om: when i was little, we use to make brownies.

munni: how?

om: only three ingredients! eggs, flour and nutella. want to make that?

munni nods. om brings a bowl and helps munni crack the eggs. once and put flour in.

om: now mix these two together like this.

munni began mixing the way om taught her. om smiled seeing munni happy. it reminded him of his childhood when it was all perfect. when he actually knew the meaning of happiness/

once munni mixed the eggs and flour, she looked up at mr long hair who was stuck in his own world. 

munni: long hair?

om came back into reality and said: ji munni?

munni: done mix.

om: ok, good girl! now only add four spoons of nutella.

munni nods and om does one spoon, then munni does another, om one and munni did the last one.

om: now you can lick this spoon.

munni licks the nutella off the spoon.

as she was hated along with her siblings when she was very very small, she never got to try much sweets but as she tried chocolate for the first time, it was sweet and slowly melting in her mouth like heaven.

om: now mix this and then oven.

munni: i do oven?

om: you are too small. i will do the oven work.

munni: okie long hair guy.

om: and now you had to put 'guy' in my name?

munni laughs and mixes the batter.

teacher: 20 minutes left!

om: well done. so now we put this in oven.

he goes to the oven and sets the temperature. once done, he puts the batter in and he and munni waits.

15 minutes later:

the brownies were done now and were beautifully set out on the plate:

munni: they look nice.

om: later on, you can have one.

teacher: TIME UP!

she goes around, tasting every dish making faces but as she tasted the brownies, she smiled and said: the winner is Omika Kumari Sharma!

all clap but just then:

munni: omika kumari sharma no! omika omkara singh oberoi.

om felt tears as she said this. he picked her up and hugged her tight. but the waterworks started when...

munni: i love you daddy.

tears escaped with no control from om's eyes. he kissed his daughter's forehead happily.

later that day:

aadhira was in the market looking at bracelets. but not by herself, she was with aarti.

aarti: do one thing, take this one. then it will match mine.

aadhira: good idea aarti.

they buy the bracelets and continue to walk.

aarti: aadhira, i have something to tell you.

aadhira: yeah say.

aarti: your dad isn't what you think he is.

aadhira: what do you mean?

aarti: when he was 10, tej cheated on his mum with another woman. this affected om chachu a lot and he stopped believing in love. he turned from a sweet person to someone else. he didn't want to fall in love but when your mum was pregnant with viren, he turned more bitter. he is a sweet person, really! but his past made him cold.

aadhira felt tears rolling down.

the man who she considered a monster.

the man who she considered a villain.

the man who she considered as no one.

actually had the experience of being unwanted.

the experience of being an outcast by his own father.

aadhira: thank you aarti for making me open my eyes properly.

precap: 'papa'+om-gauri-advay

sorry for not updating in forever. it's a very long story