Family story

"When I was about 10, something really weird happened to my family.

We were all asleep, as usual, and I slept in the same room as my brother and my mum with my father and younger brother. In the middle of the night, the safe in my parents' room starts going off as if someone was playing with it. My parents didn't think much about it, went back to bed, and right as they did that, my brother's toys (the ones that had those children's songs) started playing music, without anyone touching it. They were a little freaked out, but it went away after a few minutes so they went back to bed.
However, in the morning, when my mum brought my brother to the shower, she saw a red handprint on his back that was too big to be hers but too small to be my father's. I saw the handprint, and it looked as though someone had slapped my brother, but nobody did and he slept quite well.

My mum called her family and told my grandparents about it. After a few phone calls, we found out that my paternal grandmother died that night, while we were asleep. So our family came up with the explanation that my grandma wanted to see my newborn brother so she paid us a little visit (my family is a bit superstitious, but apparently it's normal for South Europeans). I still am unable to explain that and it still is a little scary to think about."